by Chris Black
The medical term for “transgenderism” is ‘gender dysphoria,’ formerly known as ‘gender identity disorder.’
Pro-transgender activists want ‘gender dysphoria’ to be declassified as a medical disorder because it “pathologizes gender variance.”
However, if this occurred, transgender “treatments” may not be covered by health insurance companies.
If gender dysphoria is not a medical disorder, then “gender affirming” treatment (i.e. sex change) is merely cosmetic and not a “medical necessity.”
Various governments have declassified the disorder, including the UK, France, and Denmark. Hard to find info on UK and France, but the Danes still functionally treat transgenderism as a mental illness.
The WHO ICD classifies transgenderism as a “sexual disorder” under the name ‘gender incongruence,’ to preserve access to health services.
Which disorder should we declassify next?
Depression? Schizophrenia? Anorexia?
- TERMINATORS: Killer robots join Ukraine’s line of defense against Russian troops
- Left calls for war in all rural areas says cops cant do nothing
- WTF, Who Is Running Our Country?
- Whoa! More negative wealth effects coming down the pipe…big recession ahead
- Percent change in home sales in total (YoY) and percent change in sales by home price level
- Fed throws Biden under the bus, says hes collapsing the country
- The collapse in consumer sentiment is definitive proof that social mood is rolling over. Hard. So far, the declines in stocks have been bought ALL the way down. Each rally has been shorter than the last.
- Congressman Jim Jordan gets Debbie Birx to admit the truth…
- You Will Never See This on the News
- They’ll come for your cars soon.