Musk isn’t the only one to point out a looming economic disruption because of the A.I. and robot disruption. Robots have already been rolled out in factories to replace jobs that human beings used to do, and last year saw record demand for automation as companies struggled to hire workers. But recent A.I. developments might only accelerate that switch. IBM CEO Arvind Krishna recently said that he believed clerical white-collar work would be replaced by A.I., and that robots could even help with a future labor shortage as the population ages. And Kai-Fu Lee, an A.I. venture capitalist, said in 2019 that the technology would replace 40% of jobs within the next 15 years, including both white-collar and blue-collar work.
Tesla’s website describes the humanoid “Tesla bot” as one that could accomplish “performing unsafe, repetitive, or boring tasks.” But Musk’s vision for what robots can be goes well beyond that. Musk said Wednesday he anticipates that humanoid robots “will probably be worth significantly more than the car side of things long-term,” as their uses will be wide-ranging. In the past, he has also mentioned robots being used as a “buddy.”
While Musk is bullish about his own robots, he said on Wednesday that underlying technology for A.I. still “stresses” him out.
“It’s quite dangerous technology. I fear I may have done some things to accelerate it,” he said.
Musk was a cofounder of ChatGPT’s parent company, OpenAI, but left the company after only a few years. He has since called the chatbot tool “concerning” and criticized OpenAI for contradicting its purpose of being an open-source nonprofit “counterweight to Google,” accusing it of being a “closed source, maximum profit company.”
The world’s second-richest man is now believed to be assembling a project that would rival OpenAI.
META’s most powerful AI model just got leaked.
People got the smallest LLaMA model with 7B parameters to run on a single GPU and the output has, at least in one of the outputs, a kind of Bing vibe to it. pic.twitter.com/MPe18a3hDI
— 𝙍𝘼𝙒𝙓@sigmoid.social (@rawxrawxraw) March 4, 2023
- The Case Against Trump is a Diversion From the Monetary Collapse and a Defeat in Ukraine
- Rothschilds, Rockefellers, and More Redpills
- Proof of What JADE HELM 15 really is and why they are doing it. This is VERY important you read. Your life may depend on it.
- The Fed Just Broke EVERYTHING!! (This Is Bad)
- James O’Keefe: “Linda Malone, Maryland elections admin, RESIGNS day after @OKeefeMedia expose showing thousands of contributions through individual Annapolis, MD home addresses”
- CDC Posts Airports Warning Signs Today March 31, 2023
- The TRUTH about the bank runs. Regulators are LYING to you!
- This is beyond disturbing!
- “What I did NOT KNOW was that Mr Macron was not vaccinated. I did not know that most of the members of the government were not.”
- Things Are Starting To Get Really Crazy Out There…