JUST IN – Sindh government imposes a lockdown in the second largest province of Pakistan from tomorrow, asks the National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC) to block SIM cards and social media accounts of unvaccinated people.
— Disclose.tv 🚨 (@disclosetv) July 30, 2021
President Rodrigo Duterte of the Philippines has said that local officials should detain people who refuse Covid-19 vaccinations inside their homes, a move that legal experts said would be unconstitutional.
In a late-night public address on Wednesday, Mr. Duterte argued that the coronavirus emergency trumped laws guaranteeing freedom of movement, calling his order “the law of necessity.”
“If they don’t want to be vaccinated, they should not be allowed to go out of their homes,” Mr. Duterte said. “They may say there is no law, but should I wait for a law knowing that many will die?”
In his address on Wednesday, Mr. Duterte said that village chiefs — elected officials who serve at the lowest level of local government in urban and rural areas — should force people who won’t be vaccinated to stay home and that, if questioned, they could respond that they were acting on “orders of the mayor,” a reference to the strongman approach he used when serving as the longtime mayor of the southern city of Davao.
It was not immediately clear how Mr. Duterte, who is known for bombastic statements and endorsing hard-knuckled police tactics, planned to enforce such a plan or when it would go into effect. Last month, he threatened to jail people who refused shots.
European-style health passes for admission to public venues “may very well be a path forward” in the United States, said Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Rochelle Walensky.
France passed a law Monday requiring health passes to enter restaurants, bars, and other public venues. To receive a health pass, people must prove that they are fully vaccinated, recently tested negative for the virus, or recently recovered from the virus.
“They’re issuing health passes there [in Europe], right, where you can go to a disco, or a disco-tech as they like to call it there, if you have a health pass,” a host told Walensky during a Wednesday morning interview. “Is that something that the CDC would ever lean in to, or perhaps advise here?”
MORE: European-style health passes for admission to public venues "may very well be a path forward" in the United States, said Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Rochelle Walensky.t.co/reSSr1fZeu
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) July 28, 2021
Those who refuse to be vaccinated, with no medical reason not to, should be refused NHS care if they then catch covid. I’m hearing of anti-vaxxers using up ICU beds in London at vast expense to the taxpayer. Let them pay for their own stupidity & selfishness.
— Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan) July 27, 2021
- It’s Impossible to State How Bad Things Actually Are
- New Zealand’s PM calls for internet censorship, because people don’t believe in climate change and Covid lockdowns
- Worse Than Katrina? It Appears That We Just Witnessed The Most Costly Natural Disaster In U.S. History By A Wide Margin
- The British Government is Experimenting With Feeding African Kids Worms, Locusts, and Flies.
- Exactly One Week After Biden’s Fateful Decision, The U.S. Was Hit By One Of The Worst Natural Disasters In Our History
- All signs point to something huge to happen in next days!
- “If Only We Had More Somalis” Said No One Ever
- Something Big Coming? NATO Countries are Releasing Urgent Calls for Their Citizens to Leave Russia
- It’s Going to Take Some Very Cool Heads to Keep the Blinken Administration from Destroying the World
- The Anti-American Tone on German and Austrian Social Media has Escalated Dramatically