I’m not some type of uber investor. But here are some lessons I’ve learned.
- Don’t try to time the market. You will lose much more then you win.
- Stick with great companies. Don’t be afraid to ride winners.
- Many times the best thing to do is nothing.
- Don’t be afraid of being highly concentrated in certain stocks/sectors. Do your research and monitor more closely if you are highly concentrated.
- Don’t chase fads. Pets.com. Bitcoin. Weed. If you are in it for the long term you won’t have to make such risky bets.
- Be aware of taxes. Use Roth accounts, HSA, 401k, ect. Try to avoid short-term gains as much as possible.