An outbreak of intestinal illness linked to eating salads from McDonald’s is widening.
More than a month after health officials first alerted the public, the count of confirmed cases tied to the cyclospora parasite has increased to 476 people, 21 of them hospitalized, and now includes residents from 15 states, the Food and Drug Administration said.
“The investigation is ongoing and the FDA is currently reviewing distribution and supplier information for romaine and carrots,” the agency said in an update Thursday. A salad mix recalled by Fresh Express and distributed by Caito Foods is believed to have been the source for the parasite, the FDA said.
Health officials are investigating cyclospora illnesses associated with McDonald’s locations in 11 states including Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio, South Dakota and Wisconsin. A Florida resident also became ill after purchasing a salad while traveling in Kentucky, while patients residing in Tennessee, Connecticut and Virginia purchased salads while in Illinois.
- China Just Made A Move That Could Literally Provoke A Major War With The United States
- Canada: Housing prices are collapsing and jobless increases. 1/6 homeowners in Canada own 4 or more properties.
- Bill Gates Developing Vaccine That Spreads ‘Like a Virus’ To Vaccinate People Without Consent
- It is a totalitarian system: The FBI is raiding Mar-a-Lago and trying to criminalize opposition to the regime. NEVER in the history of the United States has the FBI ever carried out such a raid.
- Asian television: ‘More people are dying from the Vaccine than from Covid’…
- Brazilian Police Officer reminds unruly citizen this ain’t America
- How “Big Woke” Destroyed the Film Industry
- Insurance CEO, Todd Callender says the real pandemic is NOW.
- An Attempt To Summarize The Current State Of Our Country In Just 12 Tweets
- Next leg lower will wipe out what’s left of the remaining hopefools