From John Stossel at Reason:
Sen. Bernie Sanders recently came up with a new business to attack: Amazon. Sanders said Amazon didn’t pay its workers enough and because of that, many qualified for government assistance.
At first, Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos defended his company.
That was the right thing to do, says John Stossel. He notes: “It’s not companies’ fault that some workers qualify for handouts. More people would collect them if Amazon were not hiring. By creating jobs, Bezos gives workers better choices.”
But the media rarely mention that. Instead, they bombarded Amazon with negative coverage.
So Bezos caved. He declared that all Amazon workers would now all be paid $15 an hour or more. That higher wage sounds good to most people, but Stossel point out that while the higher minimum is good for workers who have jobs now, it can shut out beginners…
- Tom Fitton: “I’ve reviewed the warrant material released in response to Judicial Watch court request. It is all a scam.”
- Disturbing Proof They’re Quietly Deleting the Internet
- China’s Warning ENTIRE Economy Will Collapse In 34 Days
- Trump declassified documents that proved the crimes of the FBI. Biden reclassified them & never told him
- Man Who Thinks Candy is Healthier Than Meat to Advise White House on Health and Nutrition
- A Horrifying Drought Is Causing Widespread Crop Failures Throughout The United States And Europe
- The Truth About the US “Economy”
- Justin Bieber Goes Full-Hitler
- Ultimate Doom! Dec. 13, 2022 Now Called ‘C-DAY’ “BIDEN BUCKS”/ Central Bank Digital Currency: (CBDC) Executive Order 14067
- Jesse Felder: Small Businesses’ Big Message For The Markets