As the holidays near, toy companies and retailers warn that some presents might be harder to find as businesses struggle against inflated shipping costs, labor shortages and other supply-chain issues.
The result could be a phenomenon only experienced a few times in the last four decades: a toy craze, which erupts when a toy captures the hearts of children, producing a feeding frenzy around the holidays as panicked parents try to secure one. The ensuing craziness can fuel a new line of products — or even save a famed television show.
In 1977, 22-year-old Xavier Roberts created Cabbage Patch Kids, making each of his one-of-a-kind “Little People” by hand. The soft, squishy baby dolls had round features and eyes set a little too close together.
Code Tenderloin, a nonprofit group serving the homeless in San Francisco, said it has about $7,000 worth of gift cards to hand out to those who need the extra financial assistance over the holidays.
In recent weeks, requests from members of the community have poured in for food, clothing and gifts. Others are merely seeking Code Tenderloin’s help to put a roof over their heads on a rainy evening. And those solicitations will likely only mount as the holiday season drags on, said Donna Hilliard, executive director at Code Tenderloin.
“While everybody is going through their day-to-day, super excited about this holiday season, we have a whole community of folks who are stressed out,” said Hilliard in a phone interview. “We’re seeing more demand this year than we’ve ever seen.”
- Here is a detailed list of privacy oriented Search Engines I’ve found that won’t leave information conveniently under the rug
- You Will Be Shocked By How Much Money Is Being Pulled Out Of U.S. Banks, And Now The Biggest Bank In Germany Is In Trouble
- Weird war in Ukraine …
- This is how awesome Real Estate investments are in hyperinflation – Weimar example
- Walls are Closing In for Alvin Bragg. Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene calls for his arrest
- Mexico ready for war against America, as 500,000 march in support of Mexican sovereignty/military intervention
- Germany on STRIKE – Largest strike in decades – No public transport, railroads, airports….everything!
- This Guy Absolutely Nails It…
- We’re Heading Into A Recession And The Machines Are Betting On A Big Market Crash
- Rothschilds took their bank private by paying out all shareholders a 28% bonus to get it done as fast as possible a few weeks before the crisis