NEW YORK — Sometimes, it can be rough being single. Now, a new study finds it can be downright unbearable during a pandemic. Nearly half of young, single Americans haven’t been physically intimate with someone since the pandemic began.
As a result, more than half of young, single Americans say they’ve turned to virtual sexual intimacy more than ever before. That’s according to a survey of 2,900 single or casually dating Americans between 18 and 40 years-old.
Although 42 percent of respondents are open to physical intimacy after the pandemic and feel excited to get back out into the dating scene and meet new people, two-thirds plan to continue being just as virtually intimate after the pandemic as they were during. This includes relying on video chats (61%), sexting (54%), and phone sex (47%).
In fact, 64 percent of singles agree that being virtually intimate during the pandemic changed what they consider intimacy to be. Nearly six in 10 (57%) now place a higher value on other types of intimacy, like emotional or intellectual intimacy, while 45 percent find less value in physical connections.
Commissioned by Plenty of Fish and conducted by OnePoll, the study also finds that these changes in behavior and mindset are likely to be long-lasting. Moreover, 61 percent of singles believe sexting will be even more popular after the pandemic than it was before.
- PayPal goes full 1984 in November…
- Banks are over leveraged 2 QUADRILLION dollars in derivatives. This will be the worst financial collapse EVER.
- Musk tweets wrong think poll. Twitter explodes – Zelensky Responds
- Over the last week, the mainstream news media claimed that hurricanes are becoming more frequent & intense, but they’re not, as the data clearly show.
- Warning: the Fed Didn’t Pivot Yesterday… If Anything It Doesn’t Need to Anymore
- Multiple sources: Weird yellow light seen above Belgorod, Russia. What is it?
- Gov Just Seized Our Water – Notified Us Can’t Grow A Garden Next Year / Off Grid Living In A Tiny House
- Alanis Morissette to boyfriend: “You’re essentially my employee and I like you having to depend on me”
- A Timeline Of 12 Historic Events That Have All Happened Within The Past 12 Days
- Now he just convinced me that Russia didn’t do it