Texas Democrats’ trip to Washington, D.C., attempting to block GOP-backed voting bills from passing in the state Legislature will cost $1.5 million, a state lawmaker said.
State Rep. Armando Walle projected the lawmakers’ chartered flights alone cost upward of $100,000, according to NBC News. Other notable expenses will include food, hotel lodging, and transportation, he said.
Last week, nearly 60 Democrats fled Austin, paralyzing the state’s House of Representatives and drawing ire from their GOP colleagues. The majority of the Democratic lawmakers boarded private jets to Washington to meet with federal officials after Republicans pushed two pieces of legislation that would restrict certain ballot-casting processes and require more identification for voting.
- It’s Impossible to State How Bad Things Actually Are
- It’s Going to Take Some Very Cool Heads to Keep the Blinken Administration from Destroying the World
- Europe Now Talking About Mobile Phone Network Blackouts
- Worse Than Katrina? It Appears That We Just Witnessed The Most Costly Natural Disaster In U.S. History By A Wide Margin
- India Banks SHUTDOWN For 20 Days
- Putin Annexation Speech (Paraphrased) After Winning in Ukraine
- The Fed Tries and Fails to Hide This Brutal Reality
- There are so many market indicators that we are heading towards a major financial crisis
- This is what’s happening in Democrat run cities. (GRAPHIC)
- All signs point to something huge to happen in next days!