Sharing is Caring!
- Chinese stocks have lost more than 30% of their value since the start of 2018.
- Fears of a slowing economy, rising debts and the impact of US President Donald Trump’s trade war have all played a role in pushing the Chinese market lower.
- However, a wave of forced selling of company shares could see the market drop even more.
- Hundreds of Chinese companies use their shares as collateral for loans, and are forced to sell when their share price drops below certain levels.
- Analysts believe this trend is likely to exacerbate the major declines already seen in Chinese markets this year.