So they “lend” the fed the money overnight while the Fed gives them collateral 9Treasuries) overnight and 0.05% for the use of that overnight money.
Usually it’s the other way around which is the stunning issue. That’s the way I understand it.
- No one wants to hold on to cash; and,
- essentially only the Fed itself is buying it’s own Treasuries at this point (foreigners no longer want them)
At some point, this will crash down BIG time from what George Gammon and Druckenmiller have said with serious problems for the dollar.
There’s not much we can add here: after all we have beaten to death the topic of the Fed’s soaring reverse repo facility (see “With Fed’s Reverse Repo Hitting Half A Trillion, Wall Street Scrambles To Figure Out What Comes Next” and especially “Powell Just Launched $2 Trillion In “Heat-Seeking Missiles”: Zoltan Explains How The Fed Started The Next Repo Crisis“), but while many were expecting fireworks for month and quarter end, nobody expected that a record 90 counterparties (up from 74 on Tuesday) would park an additional $150 billion in loose liquidity (for context, all of QE2 was $600 billion) at the Fed’s reverse repo facility where it is now earning 0.05% compared to the 0.00% rate prior to the June FOMC, bringing the total reverse repo usage to a mindblowing $991.9 billion, after printing a record $841.2 billion on Tuesday (across 74 counterparties).
- Over the last week, the mainstream news media claimed that hurricanes are becoming more frequent & intense, but they’re not, as the data clearly show.
- A Timeline Of 12 Historic Events That Have All Happened Within The Past 12 Days
- PayPal goes full 1984 in November…
- Why Are Jews Fleeing Russia?
- Banks are over leveraged by 2 quadrillion… The calm before the storm
- Will The Collapse Of Credit Suisse Be Europe’s “Lehman Brothers Moment”?
- India Banks SHUTDOWN For 20 Days
- Dutch banker Ronald Bernard blows the whistle on world’s satanic elite
- IF YOU HAVEN’T LEFT NYC AND OTHER HOT SPOTS, CONSIDER IT…
- JD Vance is a Fraud