Port authority Commissioner tries to intimidate and bully two traffic cops for pulling over and impounding a car owned by her daughter’s friends. When she doesn’t get her way, she implies that she will make sure the cops face consequences for their actions. Happy the cops stood their ground against such hubris.
‘You may shut the f*** up’: Shocking video shows a Port Authority commissioner and ex-Clinton aide flashing her golden badge during a traffic stop and telling cops they had ‘ruined her holiday’ by pulling her daughter’s friend over
- On March 31, New Jersey police pulled over a vehicle on a Bergen County road
- The car had tinted side windows and an expired registration
- Two officers ordered that a tow truck come to the scene and impound the car
- One of the passengers was the daughter of a politically connected woman
- Caren Turner was commissioner for Port Authority of New York and New Jersey
- Turner, 60, a Democratic Party lobbyist, tried to use her influence with officers
- Dash cam footage shows Turner threatening the officers by flashing her badge
- An investigation by the Port Authority prompted Turner to resign last week
- Turner also previously served on a finance committee for Hillary Clinton
A New Jersey police department has released a video showing a former Port Authority commissioner and ex-Hillary Clinton aide trying to use her position to threaten officers who pulled over her daughter’s friend during a traffic stop on Easter weekend.
The remarkable video released by the Tenafly Police Department shows Caren Z. Turner, 60, a Democratic Party lobbyist, flash her badge and boast of her connections to the chief of police and the local mayor while berating two officers who pulled over a car whose Nevada registration had expired.
The car was driven by a male friend of her daughter, who was a passenger in the back seat.