If The Federal Reserve is actually looking to achieve full employment in the USA, then it is a fool’s errand.
Today’s jobs report is both good and bad. The good news? 531k jobs were added, more than expected. The U-3 unemployment rate fell to 4.6%, also better than expected.
Look at labor force participation both in October and before Covid. After the large decline in LFP, it rose again then leveled-off to near where it is in October 61.6%.
Here is the rest of the story. Zero Hedge had the enticing headline of “October Payrolls Soar To 531K, Smashing Expectations As Prior Months Revised Sharply Higher”. Too bad inflation is eating away at the gains.
Biden: “We have increased labor force participation by inches.”
Employment in leisure and hospitality increased by 164,000 in October and has risen by 2.4 million thus far in 2021. Over the month, employment rose by 119,000 in food services and drinking places and by 23,000 in accommodation. Employment in leisure and hospitality is down by 1.4 million, or 8.2 percent, since February 2020.
- Do You Accept a 35% Higher Chance of Dying Today? Well Then I Have Life-or- Death News For You.
- THAILAND DECLARES DEATH CON 3 ON PFIZER
- On The Brink Of WW3 (Updates)
- ‘Climate change is accelerating’: Mount Washington as cold as Mars (Coldest wind chill ever recorded)
- Don’t Be Stupid – The U.S. Economy Actually LOST 2.5 Million Jobs Last Month
- Ukraine is About to Get Shafted
- Global Leaders Dump The Dollar – Why Now?
- The balloon is most likely a hoax intended to divert attention away from the Project Veritas Pfizer BUST.
- SOMETHING HUGE IS COMING
- U.S. Senator Mike Lee Threatens Japan’s Prime Minister, Gives February 28, 2023 Deadline