There are many lessons to be learned from this Coronavirus crisis. To quote former President Obama, this is a “teachable moment.”
First, I’m on record. I was among the first talk show hosts in the country to warn of the dangers of this pandemic- when few knew it even existed. So, I think I’m justified to now report we are all over-reacting. 81% of the victims in Asia have a mild form of this flu. This is certainly going to be a hit to the global economy. But the sky isn’t falling. This isn’t the end of the world, or America, or the US stock market.
The lessons of Coronavirus…
1. Always “expect the best, but prepare for the worst.” Get educated and prepared just in case. That doesn’t mean become hysterical, stop shopping, stop traveling, sell off stocks. In the long run, I always bet on America.
2. Thank President Trump for quickly cancelling all flights from China, a brilliant move. I remember when America was threatened by Ebola and President Obama refused to cancel flights from Africa- a tragic, naive mistake that could have killed thousands of Americans. We got lucky. Now we have a President who acts decisively and doesn’t depend on luck.
3. This is living proof that President Trump is right about creating “Fortress America.” Now more than ever, we need walls and secure borders. We must know everything about every person entering our country. Democrats support open borders. That’s pure madness. Open borders will lead to disease, death and massive damage to business, stocks, tourism and worst of all- the Vegas economy.
4. This is living proof that President Trump is correct about government-run healthcare. Democrats want government in charge of every aspect of our healthcare. That’s a disaster. Ask the people of China. Communist China’s incompetent and botched response to this health crisis is proof the last thing we want is government in charge. The odds are, America holds up dramatically better because our private healthcare is the best in the world. You want the DMV or IRS in charge of your healthcare? I don’t.
5. If I get coronavirus, I want an American doctor that earns $1 million a year as my physician. Put the government in charge and make doctors into government bureaucrats, you’ll attract the worst to medicine, not the best and brightest.
6. This is living proof that Trump is right about “America First.” We need our supply chains right here in the USA. It is a national security emergency to manufacture antibiotics, prescription drugs, masks and other medical supplies inside America.
7. Odds are the Coronavirus vaccine will only come from a capitalist nation. No socialist will ever find the cure. Why? Because capitalism works. The scientist or doctor that finds the cure will make a billion dollars. God bless capitalism.
8. Israeli scientists claim they are only three weeks away from a vaccine cure. What will AOC, Ilhan Omar and Rashida Talib say? Democrats’ most prominent politicians want to boycott Israel. Democrat presidential candidates just boycotted AIPAC. Will all the Israel-haters refuse the vaccine? Will all the miserable liberals who support the BDS movement boycott the vaccine? Will Iran and other Muslim nations that chant “death to Israel” refuse the vaccine? I can’t wait to see their reaction to Israeli scientists saving the world.
9. Lastly, stop listening to hysterical coverage from biased-liberal mainstream media. They’ve failed a thousand times in three years to bring down the Trump economy. They screamed “recession is already here.” Each time they were wrong. The media’s track record is miserable. If they say we’re headed for disaster, my guess is things are going to turn out just fine.