TL;DR- Anchor Protocol is one of the biggest Ponzi schemes in DeFi. They promise people who deposit UST stablecoin to their platform an eternal 20% yield.
The only way they can pay this yield is through borrower interest payments and the “Yield Reserve”. The Yield Reserve is basically just the protocol’s internal fund to pay depositors.
However there are not nearly enough borrowers to cover the yield payments (and the interest rate charged to borrowers isn’t high enough anyway). So the Yield Reserve is rapidly depleting every day.
A few weeks ago right before the Reserve dried up completely, the devs magically “found” $500 Million worth of UST to top it up. But it continues to drain. The more depositors and the fewer borrowers, the faster it goes down.
They can’t reduce the 20% yield without depositors exiting en masse. So basically, they have begun a long, slow death involving billions of dollars
- HAPPENING: Shooter’s Grandpa Says Someone Else Bought Him Weapons and Taught Him How to Fire
- Why did the West Only Go to Shit After WW2 and Not Before?
- It Is Worse Than We Thought
- Barack Obama absolutely buried by Jason Whitlock.
- This is what happens if you give up your guns: Australia announces TWO YEARS in prison for violating COVID rules
- The Police are Not Your Friends
- Hardest landing is GUARANTEED.
- School shootings were rare until the government put a target on the backs of our children in 1990. What happened in 1990?
- Get ready The tsunami of Layoffs is coming!
- It’s Real! Dark MAGA Incoming