As of today, Jerome “Nero” Powell and The Gang at The Federal Reserve have not trimmed the Fed’s balance sheet and have only raised their target rate once under President Biden.
Here is the Hindenburg Omen, named for the catastrophic explosion on May 6, 1937 at Lakehurst Naval Air Station in New Jersey. The Hindenburg Omen was flashing red before the stock market correction of late 2007-2009. But, the Hindenburg Omen has flashed red repeatedly since the financial crisis, yet the S&P 500 index has kept rising. The reason? Repeated policy errors by The Fed leaving monetary stimulus in place for too long leading to a bubble forming in the stock market.
The Shiller CAPE (Cyclically-adjust price-earnings) ratio is at the second highest level since the 1800s. The highest point was the infamous Dot.com bubble and bust in 2000/2001.
Since The Fed continues to say “We have a plan!” to slow/shrink The Fed’s balance sheet and raise their target rate … it has not done anything yet (other than a 25 basis point bump at the March meeting).
I am not advocating technical analysis for stocks, but the Bollinger Band analysis for the S&P500 index is showing the S&P 500 index near the top band indicating that a decline in likely.
Today, the US equity market in essentially flat given the massive uncertainty about the Russia/Ukraine situation and whether the US economy is slipping into darkness. But this morning, Federal government blessed companies (healthcare, solar energy and Blackrock) are doing quite well, while homebuider NVR is taking it on the chin thanks to hints that The Fed will raising rates.
Now, NVR (Northern Virginia Homes, Ryan Homes) had explosive earnings growth in their February 1, 2022 report.
But the market is pricing in the crushing Fed rate hikes that are expected.
- World War 3: The Stage Is Being Set For The United States To Go To War With China And Russia Simultaneously
- The Level Of Evil In Our Society Is Off The Charts
- Insiders are running to the exit…
- China Responds to Joe Biden’s Declaration of War
- Irish President Says Elon Musk is a Dictator Because He Wants to Give People Too Much Freedom
- DEF fluid shortage…Shortage of Urea will cause shortage of DEF used in ALL modern diesel engines.
- IMF Says This is the Biggest Crisis Since World War II
- First Black Lesbian Press Secretary Immediately Demoted After First Week
- Democrat Candidate Tells Drug Addicts to Break Into Empty Houses and Live There
- Check out the parking lot at the Davos Climate Change Conference this year…