Grim. And out of step with her own party, which has been trying harder lately amid the many reports of children suffering during the pandemic to signal that it’s putting kids first now. Pop quiz: Which firebreathing Republican governor recently said this?
“I’m very, very sensitive to this, the learning opportunities that are lost because kids are not safely in school, the challenges of going online,” [the governor] said when asked this month about distance learning. “My son, we had fits and starts, he’s in and out of school, said, ‘Please, Daddy, no more Zoom school.’”
“I hear that echoed all throughout the state…,” he continued. “It’s really a critical, top priority for us to keep the schools open.”
Ron DeSantis? Nope. Gavin Newsom.
In fairness to New York Gov. Kathy Hochul, most of her state’s schools are open now. And students in Newsom’s state continue to mask, putting him and Hochul on the same page in terms of precautions in the classroom. But even so, her tone towards the end of this clip is jarring given the attention paid by the media lately to the pandemic’s heavy toll on children. “Kids are resilient” has become a dark punchline among anti-restriction conservatives to mock the left’s cavalier attitude towards sustained COVID hardships on their sons and daughters.
- TERMINATORS: Killer robots join Ukraine’s line of defense against Russian troops
- Left calls for war in all rural areas says cops cant do nothing
- Whoa! More negative wealth effects coming down the pipe…big recession ahead
- WTF, Who Is Running Our Country?
- Percent change in home sales in total (YoY) and percent change in sales by home price level
- Fed throws Biden under the bus, says hes collapsing the country
- The Biggest Temper Tantrum In U.S. History Has Begun
- The collapse in consumer sentiment is definitive proof that social mood is rolling over. Hard. So far, the declines in stocks have been bought ALL the way down. Each rally has been shorter than the last.
- New Data Shows Massive Drop in Birth Rates After Covid 19 Vax Campaign
- Congressman Jim Jordan gets Debbie Birx to admit the truth…