China’s latest plan would see them reach peak carbon emissions by 2030
Analysts have said the Chinese government were not being ambitious enough
Under the plans, China would only reach net zero emission ‘around 2060’
The UN says global emissions need to halve before 2030 to avoid catastrophe
China has promised to peak its carbon pollution before 2030 in a new plan which experts say is still not enough to prevent climate catastrophe.
Analysts say the proposal by the world’s largest polluter will not help in preventing temperatures rising by more than 1.5°C (2.7°F) this century, a target set by nations including China as part of the Paris climate agreement in 2015.
In a new emissions cutting plan submitted to the United Nations days before the COP26 climate summit in Glasgow, the CCP said it would peak its carbon emissions before 2030 and become carbon neutral by 2060.
Stuck on Stupid: White House Vows ‘We’re Going to Use’ Regulation on Oil Industry as Gas Prices Soar
‘day of reckoning’ for Fossil Fuels
‘There’s no more climate deniers’
On Thursday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “Hallie Jackson Reports,” White House National Climate Adviser Gina McCarthy responded to concerns that increased regulations will cause increased gas and oil prices by stating “There’s a place for” regulation and “We’re going to use it.” McCarthy also touted hearings with oil executives on Capitol Hill as “a day of reckoning” for the oil and gas industry.
Host Hallie Jackson asked, “[T]hat big oil hearing on Capitol Hill, significant, frankly, historic that they’re all coming together. There’s this sort of — argument that you’ve heard some Republicans make that more regulations could lead to higher gas and oil prices, etc. I wonder how you respond to that and your reaction to what you have been able to see so far related to this hearing that is still ongoing, by the way.”
h/t Coastie Patriot
- This is the Beginning of a Massive Story
- KanYe Proved on Alex Jones Show That WW2 History is Trauma Based Indoctrination
- Food Products Are Now 125% More Expensive At Walmart
- “Baal-enci-aga” Literally Means “Baal The King”
- LOL! This is how Qatari TV reacted to Germany’s World Cup exit…
- Why the Media Is Desperately Hiding the Truth About the Economy
- I Think They Will Kill KanYe After Yesterday’s Appearance on Alex Jones Show
- Here’s the most important takeaway from TwitterGate
- 10 Big Retail Stores That Will Disappear In The Months Ahead
- The next Great Financial Crisis is slouching closer