McDermott International Inc. www.mcdermott.com/ is preparing to file for bankruptcy as soon as next week to address its more than $4 billion debt load, according to people with knowledge of the matter.
The Houston-based company, which builds oil platforms and gas-export plants for energy producers, is negotiating a restructuring plan that could see its debt converted into equity with existing term-loan lenders getting the majority of the shares, said the people. Unsecured creditors would receive less than 10% of the equity along with warrants, one of the people said.
The terms of the restructuring are still being negotiated and could change, according to the people, who asked not to be identified because the talks are private. Baupost Group and HPS Investment Partners may provide a bankruptcy loan of about $2 billion, the people said.
McDermott has been under significant pressure since September, when its stock and bonds plunged on news that it had hired turnaround advisers. The company has struggled to integrate its acquisition of Chicago Bridge & Iron Co. and clear a backlog of projects, crimping earnings.
McDermott said to file bankruptcy as soon as this week www.worldoil.com/news/2020/1/…
- Rumors of A Military Coup in China
- From October 1, German streets will be patrolled by the military to prevent riots
- Economic Collapse Has Arrived In Germany. Will The U.S. Be Close Behind?
- Tranny Stripper Performs for Kids, Kids Hand Out Cash
- College is a scam…
- A Major Country is Imploding…
- Alex Jones Hasn’t Evolved a Bit in 30 Years of Broadcasting
- What Ominous Event Do They Have Planned For September 24th?
- “Get an EV,” they said. “It’ll be fun,” they said. This is at an EV charging station in California
- The World Has Been at War With the Devil That Calls Itself The Red Shield (Rothschild) for Centuries