The Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV), under the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), has been listed as one of the candidates for the 2021 Outstanding Science and Technology Achievement Prize of CAS for its achievement in identifying the COVID-19 pathogeny.
China’s “bat woman” Shi Zhengli, and Yuan Zhiming, director of the WIV’s Wuhan National Biosafety Laboratory were selected as the outstanding contributors of the WIV group candidates.
CAS published the candidate list on its official website on Friday. The award is mainly given to individuals or research groups who have made or demonstrated significant achievements in the past five years. CAS awards 10 such individuals and research groups annually.
CAS said the WIV quickly carried out pathogen identification after the outbreak of COVID-19, completed the entire virus genome sequencing and virus isolation within a short time, confirmed that the COVID-19 virus shares the same functional receptor as the SARS virus, systematically analyzed the basic biological characteristics of the virus, and revealed that coronavirus carried by bats may be the evolutionary ancestor of the COVID-19 coronavirus.
- America’s Future is Not So Bleak as You May Be Inclined to Believe
- The Great Currency Crisis of Our Lifetimes Is Starting Now
- From October 1, German streets will be patrolled by the military to prevent riots
- The Truth About the Criminal Sabotage of the Nordstream 1 and 2 Pipelines
- Fired up and blasting the NWO: Italy’s new Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni sums it up perfectly. No wonder the elites and establishment don’t want her to succeed.
- Drunk driving could soon be impossible thanks to new, mandated intrusive computer chips in cars
- The USDA Wants You To Register Your Garden
- A Major Country is Imploding…
- Alleged Neo-Nazi Kills 15 Including 11 Children in School Shooting
- Credit Crunch Has Arrived To The UK – No One Wants To Invest In A Collapsing Economy!