- Eight people are dead and ‘hundreds’ more injured after a crush and stampede at Astroworld Festival in Texas
- The rest of the festival has now been scrapped after revelers surged towards the stage on Friday just after 9pm while Travis Scott was performing at Houston’s NRG Park
- Disturbing video from the concert showed people lying unconscious in the middle of the crowd as officers and emergency personnel performed CPR while others were seen begging concert staff for help
- Scott’s pregnant girlfriend Kylie Jenner shared a video panning the audience to her Instagram story, which showed an emergency vehicle trying to make its way through the crowd
- Seventeen people were taken to hospitals, with 11 of those in cardiac arrest, out of a crowd of 50,000. The two-day event was sold out after being cancelled last year due to Covid
- Hours before the deadly crush, at 2pm, hundreds of revelers – who did not appear to have tickets – stormed the event’s VIP entrance around yet the stampede did not appear to be related to the surge
- Police are reportedly working to identify the victims are are awaiting the medical examiner’s investigation to determine a cause of death
Travis Scott was filmed continuing to perform in between making calls for help after eight people were crushed to death and more than 300 were injured by a crush at Houston’s Astroworld Festival on Friday night.
Distressing video showed an unconscious male concertgoer being rushed to a medical assistance area after he passed out in the crush, which happened after people surged towards the stage shortly after 9.15pm CST Friday night,
Meanwhile, Scott’s girlfriend Kylie Jenner, who attended the event, was blasted online for posting a clip of an ambulance tending to the injured and dead as the chaos unfolded.
An estimated 50,000 people showed up for the two-day event, which was cancelled last year due to Covid. But Friday night’s show was called off after chaos broke out just after 9pm local time, and the music festival’s second day has now been scrapped.
Thousands of festivalgoers surged towards the stage while Scott was performing at NRG Park in Houston, leading to a crush. At least 23 people were rushed to a hospital, including a 10-year-old, police said.
Jenner – who’s pregnant with her and Travis’s second child – was also watching his set alongside the pair’s three-year-old daughter Stormi.
A video Jenner shared to her Instagram story panning the crowd indicated that she was not near the front. The 24-year-old billionaire has since been slammed for the footage, which showed an emergency vehicle in the middle of the crowd.
There was no suggestion that Jenner or Stormi were injured.