by Mark Angelides
President Donald Trump has waded into the fray over NFL players sitting out the national anthem and disrespecting the American flag. During a rally for Luther Strange in Huntsville, Trump began talking football with the cheering crowd. And although critics may argue that what an NFL player chooses to do is his right under the First Amendment, there is a much bigger picture that needs to be examined.
At the rally, Trump said that the people who disrespect the flag should be thrown out of the stadium and be kicked off the teams:
“Wouldn’t you love to see one of these NFL owners, when someone disrespects our flag to say, `Get that son of a bitch off the field right now! Out. He’s fired! He’s fired!“
“You know some owner’s going to do that,” Trump said. “He’s going to say, `That guy who disrespects our flag, he’s fired!‘ ”
Trump pointed out that game viewing figures are really suffering, stating that they are “down massively, massively.”
He continued to talk about how the game has changed, and not necessarily for the better:
“If you hit too hard … 15 yards, throw him out of the game!” said Trump. “They’re (refs and league officials) ruining the game, right?
And some of us may be cheering, some of us may be appalled, and many may be completely indifferent, but there is a bigger picture that needs looking at…Why is nobody questioning in a grown up manner what it is that these people are protesting?
The media have given them a free pass to say they are “against racism” or “against inequality” and no one has challenged them to either point out specific racist or unequal things or explain what exactly their protest is doing to help.
They (and many others) say that there is systemic or institutionalized racism in America, but is there? Which institutions held back President Obama? Which aspect of systemic racism stopped Loretta Lynch becoming the Attorney General? S Ben Shapiro points out, if you could point to one measurable thing that is not just “your feelings”, then I would protest it with you!
And what is it they hope to achieve? Again, it comes down to a lack of specifics. By kneeling down, they are showing that they are unhappy with the United States and the way in which its institutions work…What do you want the leadership to do about it? Please don’t say “make things fairer” without pointing out a specific area that is actually unequal. We know you’re unhappy, you’ve made that clear…So now what? Will you just continue to show your feelings (whilst collecting a very healthy pay check) without making the actual real, measurable issues known?
President Trump has barged in on this, and I’m glad he has. He is showing them p for their childish behavior. The media are fully signed up to the idiocy, so who is speaking out? Only the president.
- China’s Warning ENTIRE Economy Will Collapse In 34 Days
- Trump declassified documents that proved the crimes of the FBI. Biden reclassified them & never told him
- U.S. households now own roughly 52% of the stock market and they are now struggling to make ends meet in this inflationary environment… What could go wrong?
- Biden’s White House has gotten so bad that actual banana republics are looking down at us…
- These Commercials from the Nineties Were Something Else
- Justin Bieber Goes Full-Hitler
- Ultimate Doom! Dec. 13, 2022 Now Called ‘C-DAY’ “BIDEN BUCKS”/ Central Bank Digital Currency: (CBDC) Executive Order 14067
- Now They Are Telling Us That The Rain That Falls From The Sky Is Extremely Dangerous And Can Cause Cancer
- They Have Awakened the Sleeping Boomer
- Democrat mega-donor Steve Kirsch mic drop on Fox News…