Anesthesiologist Christopher Rake, MD, was escorted out of a University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) Health medical plaza on Monday after attempting to go to work without being vaccinated against COVID-19.
A video of the incident, recorded by Rake himself, shows him confronting the individuals leading him out of the building.
“This is what happens when you stand up for freedom,” the anesthesiologist says into the camera. “What they don’t realize is that I’m willing to go lose everything — job, paycheck, freedom, even my life for this cause.”
Rake has been openly opposed to the UC system’s vaccine mandate, which requires all students, faculty, and staff to complete their vaccination series at least 2 weeks before returning to any on-campus facilities. At an anti-vaccination rally on August 29, Rake was filmed delivering a speech lamenting the system-wide and state-wide stipulations and promoting a donation-based campaign he founded called Citizens United for Freedom.
“Last year I put my life on the line … I dealt with COVID patients,” he said to the crowd. “Now this year, I’m a zero … They’re telling me, ‘You take the jab or we take your job.’ And I’m here to say no, that’s not okay.”
UCLA Health responded to the video on their Twitter account, writing that “these comments do not represent the views of UCLA Health. Unvaccinated people are more likely to contract COVID-19 & we encourage employees to be vaccinated. We adhere to the state public health order requiring health care workers to be vaccinated or undergo regular testing.”
Rake, who has not yet responded to request for comment, has reportedly been placed on unpaid administrative leave for his refusal to get the vaccine or a vaccine exemption.
The news of Rake’s removal from the medical plaza came just a day before Oakland-based healthcare provider Kaiser Permanente announced their suspension of 2,200 unvaccinated employees, who were also placed on unpaid administrative leave. On the other side of the country, Northwell Health, the largest healthcare provider in New York State, made its own announcement: 1,400 of its employees were fired for not getting vaccinated before the stated deadline.
Whether further disciplinary actions will be taken against Rake is still unknown.…
- Why Are Large Groups Of Animals, Insects And Birds Suddenly Walking In Circles All Over The Globe?
- Kim Dotcom: We are heading either into nuclear war or a global depression while having fun on Twitter. We are the musicians on the Titanic
- Edward Snowden: “The most important video of the year was filmed in 1983.”
- China may have ‘passed the point of no return’ as Covid infections soar. Government has changed all protestors Covid QR codes to RED. Effectively locking them down.
- Confirmed: Hundreds of Israeli Spies Working for Big Tech in America
- The Most Disgusting Country In All Of Europe
- Elon Musk Offers Full Amnesty After Joneslash
- “Died Suddenly” is an Amazing Documentary on the Coronavirus Vax
- The Elites Are Showing You the Middle Finger Again
- US tightening to date continues to ripple through money and credit in an orderly sequence. Bank lending – the next shoe to drop. Michael Burry is now positioned for a crash. Expect a collapse of “everything” within the next four months?