Manitoba has announced new restrictions that will take effect on Tuesday.
Our province is moving to Restricted (Orange) level on the Pandemic Response System. Updated orders that will come into effect on October 5th will include:
- limiting households to guests from one other household for private indoor gatherings when any unvaccinated person who is eligible to be vaccinated is on the property (even if the unvaccinated person lives at that location)
- limiting households to 10 guests outdoors, when any unvaccinated person who is eligible to be vaccinated is on the property (even if the unvaccinated person lives at that location)
- reducing indoor public gathering group sizes to 25 people or 25 per cent capacity, whichever is lower, for gatherings that include unvaccinated people who are eligible to be vaccinated, including weddings and funerals
- reducing indoor group sizes for faith-based gatherings to 25 people or 33 per cent capacity, whichever is greater, for gatherings that include unvaccinated people who are eligible to be vaccinated
- reducing all outdoor public gathering sizes to 50 people
- moving retail capacity to 50 per cent in the Southern Health region to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 in this region
Fully immunized Manitobans and those under 12 who are not eligible for the vaccine may gather without capacity limits in each of these areas. Household gatherings, weddings, funerals and faith-based gatherings can occur for fully vaccinated individuals and those under 12 without any restrictions. For example, faith-based gatherings may take place with a choice of services at their discretion for fully immunized worshippers (no restrictions) or unvaccinated worshippers (restricted capacity as set out above).
h/t YEAST OF HER WORRIES