— Michael A. Arouet (@MichaelAArouet) June 6, 2022
U.S. tech sector sees highest job cuts in May since Dec. 2020.
— unusual_whales (@unusual_whales) June 6, 2022
Wow! Look at the total collapse of long vs short ETF volumes.
The bulls apparently died, were brought back to life, killed again, then set on fire and had their ashes spread around the moon that they so wished to visit. pic.twitter.com/2eJQUfT0vk
— Markets & Mayhem (@Mayhem4Markets) June 6, 2022
Right now, the Universa Investments founder, whose fund aims to protect clients during black swan events, says the financial system is most vulnerable to “the greatest credit bubble of human history.”
“If this credit bubble ever pops, it’s going to be the most catastrophic market failure that anyone has ever read about — but let’s hope that doesn’t happen,” Spitznagel, Miami-based Universa’s chief investment officer, said Thursday in a telephone interview. “We’ve gotten ourselves into a tough spot.”
Spitznagel, 51, insists he’s not a “doom and gloomer.” He’s long been critical of central banks keeping interest rates near-zero or even negative, which he says has propped up asset values and encouraged excessive borrowing. Officials around the world are now tightening monetary policy to combat elevated inflation.
His warning follows other cautious remarks this week from JPMorgan Chase & Co. Chief Executive Officer Jamie Dimon, who told investors to prepare for an economic “hurricane,” and Goldman Sachs Group Inc. President John Waldron, who said he’s seen an unprecedented number of shocks and expects “tougher economic times ahead.”
- With Heroes Like This, Who Needs Putin?
- “Blaming the Victim” has Never Known Such a Vivid Example
- Arizona’s next Gov DESTROYS CNN – Kari Lake
- THERE’S A FINANCIAL HURRICANE COMING RIGHT FOR US BRACE YOURSELVES
- Summer Preview: Rolling Blackouts, Higher Gas Prices, Natural Gas Rationing In Europe And A Historic Diesel Crisis
- A Warning About The Coming Shortages Of Diesel Fuel, Diesel Exhaust Fluid And Diesel Engine Oil
- Armstrong: Prepare for WWIII: The West NEEDS war because the entire financial system is collapsing
- The Supreme Court Just Did Something That Has Many Speculating That The Decision To Overturn Roe v. Wade Will Be Released On Friday
- This is an inflationary recession, the worst in 100 years.
- Alleged President Biden Announces New Pandemic Right before Midterms