by Dr. Eowyn
Voat, like Reddit, was a news aggregator and social networking service where anyone could submit content such as URL links (I had used Voat to post links to FOTM posts) and text posts and comments. Content entries were organized by areas of interest called “subverses”. Unlike Reddit that began censoring pro-Trump subverses, Voat was genuinely a free speech site and, for that reason, is described by Wikipedia as “a hub for the alt-right”.
On Christmas Day, December 25, 2020, Voat shut down because its owner could no longer financially afford the site, having lost an “angel” investor. Below are excerpts from the owner’s announcement.
- Elon Musk: “It is a serious concern -> The damage done to the credibility of AI by ChatGPT engineers building in political bias is irreparable
- New Zealand Reddit Users Can’t Figure Out Why They Keep Getting More Sick and For Longer: “this time the phlegm is so bad it’s difficult to breathe…
- SOMETHING HUGE IS COMING
- We Just Witnessed An Economic Sign That Hasn’t Happened Since The Peak Of The Great Depression In 1932
- We Are About To See The Biggest Escalation Of The War In Ukraine So Far
- New York Times Claims That Lockdowns Never Happened
- Israel is forming a military coalition to attack Iran (USA and France are already in)
- Food Shortages Are Starting To Become Quite Serious All Over The Planet
- 82% miss! AMAZON
- CDC Now Admits There Are Severe & Long-Lasting Side Effects From Covid Vaccines