Poll: Majority Pennsylvania Voters Believe ‘Secret Trump Voters’ in Their Communities.
The majority of Pennsylvania voters believe that there are “secret Trump voters” within their communities, a Monmouth University Poll released Wednesday found.
The latest Monmouth University Poll showed Joe Biden, the Democrat Party’s presumptive nominee, leading President Trump by double-digits in the critical battleground state, 53 percent to 40 percent among registered Pennsylvania voters. While three percent indicated that they will cast their vote for another candidate, four percent indicated that they remain undecided. Biden also appears to have an edge among independent voters, leading Tump 54 percent to 33 percent.
However, the majority of voters in the Keystone State believe in the underlying presence of “secret Trump voters” within their communities — voters who largely refrain from making their preference known, for a variety of reasons, but will cast their ballot in support of the president.
Fifty-seven percent of voters “believe there are a number of so-called secret voters in their communities who support Trump but won’t tell anyone about it.” Of those, 27 percent believe there are “many” secret Trump voters, while 17 percent said there are “only a few.” The remaining 13 percent said they were not sure how many “secret” voters are out there.
On the flip side, only 27 percent of respondents believe there are “secret” Biden voters.
“The suspicion that a secret Trump vote exists is slightly higher in swing counties (62%) and Clinton counties (61%) than in Trump counties (51%). The belief in a secret Biden vote is somewhat more prevalent in Trump counties (32%) than Clinton counties (23%) and swing counties (23%),” Monmouth found.
Voters remain relatively split on who they believe will ultimately win Pennsylvania in November, with 46 percent choosing Trump and 45 percent selecting Biden, despite the survey showing the former vice president leading Trump by double-digits. The phenomenon is likely driven by the widespread belief in “secret Trump voters.”
“The media consistently reports that Biden is in the lead, but voters remember what happened in 2016,” Monmouth University Polling Institute Director Patrick Murray said. The specter of a secret Trump vote looms large in 2020.”
- AZ overturns election judgement to verify signatures
- Fifty More US Banks on the Verge of Failing
- A Full Blown US Conflict With Iran at Israel’s Insistence Is Approaching
- I am surprised a Japanese magazine would allow this to run, but it is correct…
- Inter-Bank Lending Has Stopped And We’re On The Verge Of A Crash
- “The Banks Are Melting”, And Signs Of A Major Credit Contraction Are Already Starting To Emerge
- ‘Largest Satanic Gathering in History’ Will Require Masks and Vaccinations
- New York Times: “Stolen Valor: The U.S. Volunteers in Ukraine Who Lie, Waste and Bicker. James Vasquez, in fact, was never deployed to Kuwait…”
- Bibi Netanyahu Squashes Embarrassing Anti-Christian Bill
- The market is being held up by 7 companies