by Ruby Henley
So they are saying President Trump blindsided his allies – really? Maybe he is just keeping his word when he signed a historical agreement with Kim Jong Un of North Korea? Could it be?
Trump announced he will end military drills with South Korea! Bravo, President Trump – you are keeping your word to Kim Jong Un, and that is exactly what you should do. I know your plan is to unite one of our allies, South Korea, with its neighbor, North Korea. Thus, making South and North Korea both allies. Again, bravo, President Trump!
Now what will your enemies and mainstream media say? Hmmm….well, that is really not hard to imagine. You did say at a press conference held after the historic meeting, that you planned to cease military drills with South Korea. And I do not think that you just received vague statements from Kim Jong Un, he did pledge to start denuclearization immediately.
- Trump, in fact, stated – “We will be stopping the war games, which will save us a tremendous amount of money, unless and until we see that the future negotiation is not going along like it should. But we’ll be saving a tremendous amount of money. Plus I think it’s very provocative.”
- “We’ve done exercises for a long period of time, working with South Korea. And we call them war games, and I call them war games, and they’re tremendously expensive. The amount of money that we spend on that is incredible. and South Korea contributes, but not 100% percent which is certainly a subject that we have to talk to them about also.”
- The president repeatedly stressed that it was expensive to fly planes six-and-a-half hours from Guam, and added, “I know a lot about airplanes. It’s very expensive.”
Thank you President Trump for stepping forward immediately in order to clearly show Kim Jong Un you are a man of your word.
People, he is going to do it. He is going to make North Korea an ally – he is going to do it.
This should not be so much of a shock, as the US and South Korea earlier this year postponed the annual Foal Eagle drills until after the Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang were over amid a broader diplomatic agreement between the two Koreas.
After the very positive peace summit between Trump and Kim yesterday, this should absolutely not come as a surprise. Could the war machine be a little upset? I would think that is more like it.
This is what the war machine is saying –
- Dropping the joint exercises assumes benevolence from the North Korean regime at a very early stage in its relationship with the US. Analysts have criticized the decision noting that Trump, beyond vague commitments to denuclearization and peace, has not received anything in return.
- Robert E. Kelly, a professor of political science at Pusan National University in Korea, likened Trump’s words as throwing a major ally “under the bus” and that it would be “depressing” if the US did not get anything “enormous” in return for it.
The above is not surprising, but most of you know that President Trump is moving ahead with his peace plan, and I approve and praise him for doing so.
Published on Jun 12, 2018
The Post asked people in Seoul about their views of the summit between President Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un in Singapore on June 12. Subscribe to The Washington Post on YouTube: bit.ly/2qiJ4dy
Related Posts:We truly are under attack. We need user support now more than ever! For as little as $10, you can support the IWB directly – and it only takes a minute. Thank you. 1,793 views