Intro: Today I’ve learned that KeyPoint Credit Union (I have a car loan there) is a not-for-profit financial institute as any other Credit Unions. This was an eye-opener for me. I’ve read a little bit about Credit Unions, what they are and how they are the difference from regular banks.
Whatever I’ve read was promoting Credit Unions for its better customer satisfaction rating, its cheaper loans and higher dividends due to tax-free operation.
Let’s face it:
- They provide the same services as any other bank for individual customers (loans, deposits, credit cards, web and mobile baking);
- They have better rates (cheaper loans, higher dividends);
- They are insured to the same limits (or almost the same) as banks;
- They have higher customer satisfaction rating;
- They vegan, Non-GMO, gluten and lactose free;
Slogan: With Credit Union, You are not just a customer, you are the owner.
Why don’t we all join Credit Unions and f**k banks off? Seriously, what do I miss?