Are you a person taken over by depression? Unable to cope with depression and the resultant mood swings? What exactly does depression mean? Depression in simple word can be defined as a mental illness inside the brain of a person and tends to disturb the present life. It usually makes the person sad, alone and feeling low. All that starts showing an impact on the present phase of life of that person. One can combat depression through many ways, but most people fail to tackle. There are some natural ways like the meditation and yoga – regulates every brain cell and balances any fluctuation in it.
The brain is the central organ in which the neurotransmitters work for the communication between the neurons. The neurotransmitters sometimes fluctuate and thus the changes in the behaviour of the person show. When this changes or fluctuations in the neurotransmitters are addressed by maintaining a balance in them, then the mental disorders in the person just disappear. Though it is not easy, it can be done with the help of effective medicine.
One such medication is Aripiprazole. The generic name of this medicine is ‘Abilify’. It helps the neurotransmitters with inhibitors. This medication is regarded as the antipsychotic depressant and comes in the form of capsules for oral consumption, for disintegration, in the form of injection, in the form of solution. Each of these suitable forms of the medication is prescribed by the doctor after diagnosis of the patient’s condition. While some are prescribed solution medicine, some others are prescribed injection or oral.
Not just bipolar disorder and depression can be treated with Aripiprazole, but mood swings and other mental disorders can be addressed efficiently. Hence, this medication is widely prescribed by the doctors as it comes with minimal side effects. Abilify Generic is available on Meds4sure AntiPsychotics – Cheap Abilify Aripiprazole 10 mg dosage pills in the strengths of 2 mg, 5 mg, 10 mg, 15 mg, 20 mg, 30 mg. Each of the dosage for different conditions in the patient.
Aripiprazoleis available for oral consumption, oral disintegration, injection and solution as well. So, the doctor prescribes as per the condition of the patient.
- A dosage of 15 mg per day is prescribed in the initial days. It is gradually increased after usage of the initial dosage for about one week. [Bipolar disorder].
- A dosage of 2 to 5 mg is prescribed initial with may be raised to 2 to 15 mg per day. [Major depressive disorder].
- 30 mg per day is the maximum dosage prescribed in the case of Aripiprazole.
- A dosage of 2 mg per day is prescribed for children between 10 to 17 years of age. The dosage is raised to 5 mg per day after 2 days of continuous medication of 2 mg. [Bipolar disorder].
- A dosage strength of 2 mg per day is given to children between the age of 6 to 17 years. [Autistic disorder].
- The pills of disintegration are to be dissolved on the tongue without help of any external fluids like water. Saliva can be used to do that.
- Use as per the prescription of the doctor. Dosage prescription will change from person to person as per the illness.
Precautions that needs to be taken
Aripiprazole being an antipsychotic drug induces certain behaviours in the person taking this medication. It is advisable to update the doctor with the after condition of the patient using the medication.
- The drug induced suicidal thoughts in the person.
- Taking this medication along with alcohol will show an impact on the central nervous system and make the patient more depressed.
- It may make the patient feel nervous, scared, restless, fierce etc.
- Aripiprazole will make the person feel drowsy, so the patient must avoid driving.
- The patient may experience hyperactive sexual urges while using Aripiprazole.
Some not using Aripiprazole in the way prescribed by the doctor, might also make the person experience most common side effects to serious side effects. There are some active ingredients in this medication that may lead to some side effects too.
- Common side effects:
- Difficulty in walking;
- Difficulty in balancing the body;
- Muscle stiffness etc.
- Serious side effects:
- Blurry vision;
- Severe headache;
- Buzzing ears;
- Increased heartbeat;
- Low or high blood pressure.
Contact the doctor immediately when any of these side effects are seen in the person. Keep telling him the developments and side effects and rush to the hospital if the condition gets worst.
Storing the medicines in the right conditions plays an important role in the efficiency of the same. So, storing them in the temperature prescribed on the package will be better.
- Place them away from the reach of children.
- Do not expose the pills openly to the air
- Do not store Abilify Generic in moist places
- Do not expose Abilify Generic medicine to direct sunlight
- Store them at room temperature ranging from between 15 to 30 degrees
- Also, can be stored in air tight container
Aripiprazole is meant for bipolar disorder and related illness. Not meant for dementia and related illness.
- Overdose might poison or worsen the condition of the patient.
- The patient may behave with impulsion.
- Keep the patient under observation as the patient might experience suicidal tendency.
- The patient might experience neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS).
- Uncontrollable movements of the tongue, face, legs, arms etc. are seen in the patient.
- Do not continue to use the medicine when side effects appear.
Thus, Abilify Generic is effective for treating the bipolar disorder and other related mental disorders. For best results use as per the instructions of the doctor. Do not poison with over dosage. Talk to the doctor about the history of medical records of the patient.
Disclaimer: This content does not necessarily represent the views of IWB.