- CNBC spoke with 10 media executives who anonymously predicted one significant industry event for next year.
- Projections included Bob Iger returning as Disney CEO, Shari Redstone selling or merging ViacomCBS and Apple buying a movie studio.
- One executive predicted Roku will buy Lionsgate’s film and TV production studio.
New year prediction pieces are a journalism standard. But instead of giving my own projections, I asked 10 media executives, with the promise of anonymity, to give me their best guesses on what’s going to happen in 2022.
The rules were simple: The prediction could be anything related to the media and entertainment business, but it had to be significant and couldn’t be obvious.
Here’s what they told me.
I’ll revisit the predictions at this time next year to see how they turned out, and then poll 10 new executives for their 2023 predictions.
- Israel Introduces A New Bill To Outlaw Teaching The Gospel of Jesus Christ and Imprison Violators
- Large investors tried to redeem, and Blackstone said “sorry, no”. There is no buyer. This is 2008 again.
- China will officially join Iran to arm Russia, “if Kyiv does not accept the Chinese peace plan”
- The Great Financial Collapse of 2023. Comparison of Bear Stearns’ collapse in March 2008 and Credit Suisse in March 2023.
- OPRAH STANDS TO LOSE $590 MILLION AFTER COLLAPSE OF SVB
- Deadly Fungus Spreading Rapidly Through Hospitals
- Sperm has been almost entirely replaced by spike proteins
- Sending Depleted Uranium Munitions To Ukraine Is A War Crime Against The Ukrainian People
- Mexico begins to Confiscate and Seize American business in Mexico
- Literally 20+ media taking images of two people
See also This Is Extremely Dangerous To Our Democracy... TV Brainwashing Epic Video Through All Media Network Exposed