Quote: In May of 1864, Joseph Howard, Jr., a reporter in New York, printed a false presidential proclamation in two major New York newspapers. The proclamation, purportedly coming from President Lincoln, called for the draft of additional new troops into the Union Army.
Lincoln was not amused, ordering the general in charge of the army in New York to arrest Howard and any others responsible and seize their newspapers. Howard remained in jail until August, when Lincoln pardoned him. Oddly enough, Howard managed to continue writing for the New York Times and a number of other papers after the incident, and even was elected President of the New York Press Club four times.(snip)
h/t Olds Cool
- Bill Gates Developing Vaccine That Spreads ‘Like a Virus’ To Vaccinate People Without Consent
- The World Is Collapsing Around Us And The Crowd Is No Longer Hedged
- One Of The Most Tragic Things That I Have Read In A Long Time
- China Now has More Fortune 500 Companies Than Any Other Country
- Alex Jones Gets Off Easy From Sandy Hook Trial
- Now They Are Literally Bowing Down And Worshipping Baal Right In Front Of Our Eyes
- Insurance CEO, Todd Callender says the real pandemic is NOW.
- Alex Jones’ Crucifixion is Not About Sandy Hook
- The FED Hiking Interest Rates Into Oblivion Will Have No Effect on Inflation
- More people are working than at any point in American history, and it’s the result of my economic plan to build the economy from the bottom up and middle out.