Nearly two years after a $15 million budget cut, the Portland Police Bureau is still struggling to hire new officers and retain current staff. PPB’s $254 million proposed budget for the upcoming fiscal year would restore about $15.3 million to its operating budget—nearly the same amount cut in June of 2020.
That budget also includes an intriguing strategy to boost office morale: meditation workshops, in-house mental health counseling, and the opportunity to become a certified yoga coach while working at the bureau.
Amount requested: $915,000 in one-time funding.
What it’s for: Expanding PPB’s wellness program, established in 2018. Currently, bureau employees—sworn and non-sworn—are allotted one hour per workday for “individual wellness activities” to increase physical, mental, emotional, social and financial health.
In this proposal, $115,000 would be allocated to a coaching certification program whereby bureau staff could become certified trainers “in the areas of personal interest, such as meditation, fitness, nutrition, yoga, and personal finance,” according to budget documents. Once certified in a chosen area, the employee would become a “peer coach” who could offer “guidance and support” to colleagues based on that certification.
- China Responds to Joe Biden’s Declaration of War
- World War 3: The Stage Is Being Set For The United States To Go To War With China And Russia Simultaneously
- The Apocalyptic Global Food Crisis That We Were Told To Prepare For Has Already Started In 2022
- First Black Lesbian Press Secretary Immediately Demoted After First Week
- Check out the parking lot at the Davos Climate Change Conference this year…
- Reporters Are Being Detained At Davos! +Secret Leaked Document
- Brooklyn Half Marathon Leaves 1 Dead, 15 Hospitalized
- When the crowd gets trapped in the casino with no way out, we’ll probably realize I’m too bullish…. The run to cash has officially begun.
- Disturbing video from Seattle…
- Monkey Pox Vaccine Incoming!