The 10-year Treasury term premium, the amount by which the yield on a long-term bond is greater than the yield on shorter-term bonds, remains steeply negative (white line) as The Federal Reserve steps up its attack (aka, monetary tightening). Meanwhile, the 10Y-2Y curve actually rose into positive territory.
Historically, the 10-year Treasury Term Premium declines before a recession.
Meanwhile, 3 month Treasury bill to Overnight Indexed Swaps spread is crashing to the lowest level since 2017.
But with inflation raging at the fastest pace in 40 years, the REAL 10-year Treasury yield remains negative at -5.236% while the REAL 30-year mortgage rate is -3.01%. Both were in positive territory when Biden was installed as President.
Speaking of interest rates, the infamous PIGS (Portugal, Italy, Greece, Spain) are all seeing surges in their 10-year sovereign yields. Sweden, while not a PIG has the largest spike today at 13.8 BPS.
Actually, the biggest spike in sovereign yields occurred in Ukraine where their 2-year yield popped +205.8 BPS. But Lebanon has the highest 2-year yield at 162.29%. Turkey is in third place in the sovereign demolition derby at 23.52%. Sadly, Poland’s 2-year yield is up 16 bps today.
But the winner of the sovereign debt demolition derby is …. drumroll … VENEZUELA! At 436.77%.
I am really surprised that Biden hasn’t adopted Maduro’s fashion sense.
- HAPPENING: Shooter’s Grandpa Says Someone Else Bought Him Weapons and Taught Him How to Fire
- Why did the West Only Go to Shit After WW2 and Not Before?
- It Is Worse Than We Thought
- Barack Obama absolutely buried by Jason Whitlock.
- This is what happens if you give up your guns: Australia announces TWO YEARS in prison for violating COVID rules
- The Police are Not Your Friends
- Hardest landing is GUARANTEED.
- School shootings were rare until the government put a target on the backs of our children in 1990. What happened in 1990?
- Get ready The tsunami of Layoffs is coming!
- It’s Real! Dark MAGA Incoming