This is a health hazard situation where there is a reasonable probability that the use of the product can cause serious, adverse health consequences.
According to multiple sources, McDonald’s, the popular burger franchise, has removed salads from over 3,000 restaurants in 14 different states after some of their products were linked to gastrointestinal illnesses in Iowa and Illinois.
The Department of Public Health, located in Iowa, reported that 15 people were diagnosed with cyclospora infections after eating McDonald’s salads between late June and early July. Because the parasite could take days to actually sicken a person, the outbreak could potentially just be getting started.
The Illinois Department of Public Health said 90 people have been sickened by cyclosporiasis, and that a quarter of them reported eating salads from McDonald’s before becoming ill.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said late Friday that 61 people in seven states, including Iowa and Illinois, have become ill from cyclosporiasis linked to McDonald’s salads, with two hospitalizations. There have been no deaths.
The Food and Drug Administration said it is working with McDonald’s to identify the common ingredients in the salads eaten by those who became sick and to trace those ingredients through the supply chain.
McDonald’s said it had pulled the salads out of “an abundance of caution,” from restaurants that received shipments from a supplier that had distributed the salads to restaurants in Iowa and Illinois. The 3,000 restaurants are located in Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Minnesota, Nebraska, South Dakota, Montana, North Dakota, Kentucky, West Virginia and Missouri.
The symptoms of cyclospora are as follows:
Frequent, watery diarrhea
Bouts of diarrhea alternating with bouts of constipation
Loss of appetite and weight loss
Bloating, flatulence and burping
Nausea and vomiting
Fatigue — this symptom may last long after the active infection has gotten better
General feeling of unwellness (malaise)
The parasitic infection is typically not deadly, but can pose potential risks in infants and elderly people. It is advised that you see a doctor immediately if you recently ate a McDonald’s salad and begin to exhibit some of the signs of dehydration due to diarrhea, such as:
Dry mouth and tongue
Reduced production of tears
Decreased urine output
At least 61 people in seven states have been made sick in an outbreak of Cyclospora linked to McDonald’s salads, federal health officials said Friday.
The fast-food chain has stopped selling the salads, but more people may become sick, the Food and Drug Administration and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said.
Salads at McDonald’s restaurants in at least 14 states may have been contaminated, the CDC and FDA said.
“We understand how important it is to quickly identify the cause of this foodborne outbreak to help reduce additional illness and we’re working closely with our colleagues at CDC and state partners to get more answers,” FDA commissioner Dr. Scott Gottlieb said in a statement.
- A Horrifying Drought Is Causing Widespread Crop Failures Throughout The United States And Europe
- China’s Warning ENTIRE Economy Will Collapse In 34 Days
- Ron Paul: “With each passing day, the Biden Administration drifts further & further from reality… The painful economic realities of government spending and Fed inflation are staring every American in the face.”
- CDC is quietly deleting misleading information from their website. The following statement was removed from their website between July 16th and July 22nd
- China ending paper trading in Precious Metals On MONDAY, could be HUGE
- An EU Satellite captures a terrifying picture of Western Europe, almost looks like the Sahara
- A man apprehends a thief who sucker punched an elderly customer and stole his wallet and phone.
- Tom Fitton: “I’ve reviewed the warrant material released in response to Judicial Watch court request. It is all a scam.”
- Disturbing Proof They’re Quietly Deleting the Internet
- People Are Going To Go Absolutely Insane When Food Prices Double Or Triple From Current Levels