Amazon’s fleet of automated warehouse robots, now more than 100,000 machines strong, is working alongside human employees to help meet the e-commerce giant’s massive fulfillment demand.
The company’s robots carry inventory around massive warehouse floors, compiling all the items for a customer’s order and reducing the need for human interaction with the products. But the chief technologist of Amazon Robotics, Tye Brady, insists that these robots are enhancing human efficiencies rather than eliminating warehouse jobs.
Amazon has been going full steam ahead when it comes to hiring and now employs over 500,000 people. Brady views the robots as necessary to this growth. “When there are tens of thousands of orders going on simultaneously, you are getting beyond what a human can do,” he told the audience at MIT Technology Review’s first EmTech Next conference today.
just joined in the $800 billion market-cap club. Shares of the e-commerce giant climbed 1.4% to $1,665.27 on Monday, giving the company a market value of about $808 billion and bringing its increase for the year to 42%. The company took just 85 trading days to reach the $800 billion milestone after passing $700 billion in […]
Mama, Dada . . . Alexa?
It’s not a classic “baby’s first word,” but it was 1-year-old Joe Brady’s pick.
The British baby was trying to activate Amazon’s virtual assistant, parents Lottie Ledger and Mark Brady tell Caters News Agency.
Joe was introduced to the device when he was an infant at his grandparents’ home in Gateshead, England.
“It was one of the few things he could get a reaction from at that time. Alexa would say ‘Sorry, I didn’t get that,’ ” Ledger, 21, tells Caters.
Joe heard his parents ask Alexa for help, and soon followed suit.
- This Is The Real Reason Why They Raided Mar-a-Lago
- Congressional Republicans, Like Democrats, Want Trump Out Of The Picture Because They Are Both Bought And Paid For By The Same Tribe
- The U.S. Government: The Information Is Classified as Above Top Secret, We Can’t Name the Agencies Involved
- This Is How Globo Homo Works
- China Just Made A Move That Could Literally Provoke A Major War With The United States
- Are We Witnessing The Collapse Of America’s System Of Government?
- Bill Gates Developing Vaccine That Spreads ‘Like a Virus’ To Vaccinate People Without Consent
- The Government Is Hiding a Serious Economic Secret
- China’s Warning ENTIRE Economy Will Collapse In 34 Days
- The Fed-created wild drooling “investors” have learned nothing & huge comeuppance is ahead. The version 2.0 of The Big Short begins…