April’s inflation numbers are out and, at first glance, inflation seems to be cooling from 8.5% YoY in March to 8.3% YoY.
But the headline inflation numbers do not accurately reflect the pain and suffering of American households. Food is up 9.4% YoY and gasoline is up 43.6% YoY.
The strange way the BLS measure “shelter” shows that housing only grew at 5.1% YoY. That’s odd since home price growth is almost 20% YoY and rent growth is near 20%.
Runaway home prices and rents are especially painful given that inflation is destroying the purchasing power of the dollar for consumers. Real average weekly earnings YoY are at -3.4% YoY.
Hence, the purchasing power of the US Dollar keeps eroding.
Good luck out there with inflation still roaring, and food/housing/energy prices soaring.
Here is a photo of American children trying to create energy from flying a kite made from progressively devalued US currency.
- HAPPENING: Shooter’s Grandpa Says Someone Else Bought Him Weapons and Taught Him How to Fire
- It Is Worse Than We Thought
- Hardest landing is GUARANTEED.
- Why did the West Only Go to Shit After WW2 and Not Before?
- Barack Obama absolutely buried by Jason Whitlock.
- Leaked Document: China Preparing for Imminent War with USA Over Taiwan
- This is what happens if you give up your guns: Australia announces TWO YEARS in prison for violating COVID rules
- School shootings were rare until the government put a target on the backs of our children in 1990. What happened in 1990?
- An amusing economic indicator: Strippers say a recession is guaranteed because the strip clubs are suddenly empty
- Pretty much in all Europe is happening but mainstream media are too focused on Ukraine..