Tenants who are behind on their rent have been granted one last reprieve with the Biden administration extending the nationwide eviction moratorium a final time. What comes next for renters and landlords across the country will largely depend on how states and municipalities manage what could become a tidal wave of evictions once the moratorium ultimately expires at the end of July.
Last Thursday, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced the eviction moratorium, which was set to expire June 30, would be extended until July 31. The CDC signaled this was intended to be the final extension of the ban on evictions, which was first put in place under the Trump administration last September.
“I think the CDC was right in telegraphing a date certain — July 31 — for the moratorium on evictions to end, and in support of that, I think the Biden administration has done a good job of providing additional resources for residents and property owners challenged by continuing COVID-induced hardship,” said David Howard, executive director of the National Rental Home Council.
The national moratorium on evictions for non-payment of rent is now set to expire at the end of July.
- Exactly One Week After Biden’s Fateful Decision, The U.S. Was Hit By One Of The Worst Natural Disasters In Our History
- The Fifth Largest Economy in the World Just Lost Control of Its Currency
- Something Big Coming? NATO Countries are Releasing Urgent Calls for Their Citizens to Leave Russia
- 5 Major Events That Have Happened Within The Last 100 Hours
- 14 Things We Know About The Mysterious “Explosions” That Severely Damaged The Nord Stream 1 And Nord Stream 2 Pipelines
- Gas pipeline to Crimea in the Kherson region has been destroyed and is burning
- Michael Burry: You Won’t Believe What is About to Cause a MASSIVE Deflationary Bust
- The Anti-American Tone on German and Austrian Social Media has Escalated Dramatically
- Florida weather man, Dylan Federico of WINK TV, films kitten in 6 inches of water… LETS IT DIE
- This Cycle Of Retaliation Between The U.S. And Russia Will Ultimately Lead To Nuclear War