- AG William Barr claimed Black Lives Matter supporters created ‘urban guerrilla warfare’ in cities across the United States
- Barr accused the group of having a focus on ‘communism’ and ‘socialism’
- He also said Democrats had a ‘lust for power’ that was driving such civil unrest and accused them of wanting to create a ‘progressive utopia’
- Barr blasted the media for allegedly not portraying what actually happens at protests and demonstrations
- Anti-racism and Black Lives Matter protests began in May after the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis, Minnesota
- The Black Lives Matter movement has fought against police brutality, racial inequality and asked racism to be removed from institutions
Attorney General William Barr claimed that Black Lives Matter protesters have inundated US cities with a new form of ‘urban guerrilla warfare’ because of a ‘lust for power’ and desire for a ‘progressive utopia.’
Tensions between Republicans and Democrats ratcheted up significantly in recent months as the United States, still overwhelmed with COVID-19 cases, was hit with a swath of protests ahead of the November presidential election.
Politicians on both sides of the aisles have hurled blame on each other for the civil unrest from dissatisfied Americans disillusioned by law enforcement and the federal government.
But on Sunday AG Barr leveled fresh attacks at Black Lives Matter protests and Democrats in an interview on Fox News‘ Life, Liberty & Levin.