The Bank of England has called on ministers to decide whether a central bank digital currency should be “programmable”, ultimately giving the issuer control over how it is spent by the recipient.
Tom Mutton, a director at the Bank of England, said during a conference on Monday that programming could become a key feature of any future central bank digital currency, in which the money would be programmed to be released only when something happened. “There could be some socially beneficial outcomes from that, preventing activity which is seen to be socially harmful in some way…”
“One potential use could be control over benefits payments”
“You could think of giving your children pocket money, but programming the money so that it couldn’t be used for sweets. There is a whole range of things that money could do, programmable money, which we cannot do with the current technology.”
- China’s Warning ENTIRE Economy Will Collapse In 34 Days
- Trump declassified documents that proved the crimes of the FBI. Biden reclassified them & never told him
- Justin Bieber Goes Full-Hitler
- The FBI Now Claiming They are Victims of the Peasantry
- These Commercials from the Nineties Were Something Else
- Ultimate Doom! Dec. 13, 2022 Now Called ‘C-DAY’ “BIDEN BUCKS”/ Central Bank Digital Currency: (CBDC) Executive Order 14067
- Now They Are Telling Us That The Rain That Falls From The Sky Is Extremely Dangerous And Can Cause Cancer
- They Have Awakened the Sleeping Boomer
- U.S. households now own roughly 52% of the stock market and they are now struggling to make ends meet in this inflationary environment… What could go wrong?
- Democrat mega-donor Steve Kirsch mic drop on Fox News…