BATTLEFIELD PREP: Democrats Launching Major Ad Campaign Against Trump Before Their Nominee is Even Selected.

via legalinsurrection:

“set to soon launch a yearlong $150 million advertising onslaught countering the millions the president’s campaign has already spent targeting voters”

When it comes to attacking Trump with ads, the Democrats are wasting no time. They haven’t had a single debate yet, but they’re already preparing to launch an expensive ad campaign targeting the president.

Maggie Severns reports at Politico:

Dems prepare 9-figure ad onslaught to blunt Trump’s head start

Democrats are preparing to kick off a campaign totaling hundreds of millions of dollars to blunt Donald Trump’s head start in the 2020 campaign as their party’s candidates slug it out for the right to take him on.

Democratic super PACs are set to soon launch a yearlong $150 million advertising onslaught countering the millions the president’s campaign has already spent targeting voters. On top of that, billionaire Tom Steyer is funding other groups testing a range of strategies to register and turn out people to vote. And the Democratic National Committee this week began training hundreds of college students to work as field staff in battleground states, an effort that will continue throughout the campaign.

The efforts, described to POLITICO by operatives involved in the plans, come as some Democrats worry Trump is going largely untouched during the Democratic primary, amassing huge sums money and lobbing bombs at his would-be rivals as they wage war among themselves. Those concerns were given voice last week by former Obama adviser Ben LaBolt, who wrote in an op-ed in The Atlantic that Trump is “running unopposed” in the 2020 race as his would-be rivals scrap for position in the Democratic primary.

This effort is going to focus on some specific states. It seems the Democrats have finally figured out that Hillary shouldn’t have ignored Wisconsin in 2016.

CALIFORNIA GOVERNOR GAVIN NEWSOM SAYS REPUBLICAN PARTY IS HEADED ‘INTO THE WASTE BIN OF HISTORY.’

California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) in an interview published Monday said the Republican Party is headed for the “waste bin of history.”

In an interview with Politico, Newsom compared national Republicans to the GOP in California in the 1990s.

California Republicans were once a force, but have seen their power disappear over the last two decades.

Washington Republicans will “go the same direction — into the waste bin of history, the way Republicans of the ’90s have gone. That’s exactly what will happen to this crop of national Republicans,” Newsom told Politico.

Former California Gov. Pete Wilson’s (R) push for a ballot measure in 1994 that prohibited illegal immigrants from gaining access to public schools and health care has been widely linked to the GOP’s erosion in the state.

Newson drew a connection between that and today’s politics.

“America in 2019 is California in the 1990s,” he told Politico. “The xenophobia, the nativism, the fear of ‘the other.’ Scapegoating. Talking down or past people. The hysteria. And so, we’re not going to put up with that. We are going to push back.”

 

 

h/t ED

266 views