“Tennis is an elitist sport. The majority of people involved are white and the majority are white men.”
This view from Miles Daley, a 28-year-old black tennis coach from Hackney, is one held by many people in Britain.
The statistics provided by the Lawn Tennis Association (LTA), the sport’s governing body, reinforce some of those opinions.
The LTA says it recognises the need to make tennis more representative of British communities and, having recently published its inclusion strategy, wants to still do more to “change the perception of the sport”.
“We need to make sure we can ensure representation is seen at each and every level of the sport,” says Scott Lloyd, chief executive of the LTA.
“Our mission is to open tennis up and ensure it can be played and enjoyed by anyone, no matter their age, background or ability.”
- Western Australia has passed legislation authorizing COVID-19 officers to remove people from their homes and force them into a quarantine facilities.
- 97.7 Million Birds Are Already Dead As The Worst Bird Flu Outbreak Ever Sweeps Across North America And Europe
- The Collapse Of Rome 2.0 Incoming
- Multiple sources: Weird yellow light seen above Belgorod, Russia. What is it?
- PayPal goes full 1984 in November…
- Warning: the Fed Didn’t Pivot Yesterday… If Anything It Doesn’t Need to Anymore
- Banks are over leveraged 2 QUADRILLION dollars in derivatives. This will be the worst financial collapse EVER.
- Confirmation of a Totally Decimated Global Economy: Massive Rally in the Stock Market
- Moscow Says We’re Heading Toward Open War
- The seabed internet cable between Henningsvær and Svolvær in Lofoten, Norway has been broken.