This flew under the radar? @ewarren (AND @BernieSanders) promised to withhold aid from Israel if they don't change their stance on settlements. AKA … A Quid Pro Quo. Why no fury from the PR Dept of the Democrats?t.co/FqANUF3w9c
— Daniel Bobinski (@NewBookofDaniel) October 30, 2019
Elizabeth Warren could pull U.S. military aid from Israel if it does not stop building settlements in the West Bank.
The Democratic 2020 primary candidate, who has taken a lead in recent polls, told The Hill“everything is on the table” should she become the next president and Israel continues building settlements in the West Bank.
Israel is due to receive $38 billion in military funding from the United States under the terms of a 10 year agreement rolling to 2028.
The funding pot includes $33 billion of foreign military financing and $5 billion in missile defence appropriations, according to the Congressional Research Service, which says Israel has been the “largest cumulative recipient” of U.S. foreign aid since World War II.
Senators last year passed the military aid package into law under the Israel Security Assistance Authorization Act of 2018.
The country also receives $5 million from the United States for the resettlement of refugees.
Asked by The Hill if she would make that aid to Israel conditional on a “freeze” to settlement building, Senator Warren said: “Right now Netanyahu says that he’s going to take Israel in a direction of increasing settlements. That does not move us toward a two-state solution.
“It is the official policy of the United States of America to support a two-state solution, and if Israel is moving in the opposite direction then everything is on the table.”
- Biden Just Politicized 401(k)s
- Fifty More US Banks on the Verge of Failing
- Fauci Admits: ‘I Got My 2nd Vax Yesterday, & I Feel Like Sh*t Today!’
- New York Times: “Stolen Valor: The U.S. Volunteers in Ukraine Who Lie, Waste and Bicker. James Vasquez, in fact, was never deployed to Kuwait…”
- Miami Beach braces for new spring break chaos after 2 murders in 36 hours
- US Authorities Weigh Expansion of Emergency Lending Facility Amid Banking Crisis
- ‘Largest Satanic Gathering in History’ Will Require Masks and Vaccinations
- AZ overturns election judgement to verify signatures
- IRAN WAR is about to start
- FRENCH GONE WILD – Let’s have some wine while…