Dear Friend of GATA and Gold:
As Western economic sanctions against Russia over its invasion of Ukraine started to get more serious, your secretary/treasurer sent a question to the press office of the Bank for International Settlements in Switzerland:
“Is the BIS freezing or otherwise restricting Russian assets and transactions through the BIS?”
GATA has not yet received a reply from the BIS. But this morning Reuters published a report quoting a BIS spokeswoman saying: “The BIS will not be an avenue for sanctions to be circumvented”:
But that doesn’t quite answer GATA’s question, which was essentially whether the BIS is still undertaking any transactions for the Russian central bank, the Bank of Russia. Of course the BIS is a major gold broker for central banks and owns much gold itself, and the BIS and Bank of England are historically notorious for helping Nazi Germany expropriate the gold held by Czechoslovakia at the Bank of England following the Nazi occupation of that country in 1939:
The BIS acknowledges participating in this dirty little affair:
So, as GATA asked yesterday, is the BIS undertaking any transactions for the Bank of Russia, quite apart from any that might be construed as circumventing sanctions? If so, what are those transactions, and do any involve gold, the international currency par excellence?
In the past the BIS has tended to respond to GATA’s inquiries promptly, though not necessarily to answer them:
Maybe the bank still will respond to GATA’s question of yesterday. In the meantime, it seems fair to wonder if the bank again may be involved in activity much of the world might consider dishonorable or worse.
CHRIS POWELL, Secretary/Treasurer
Gold Anti-Trust Action Committee Inc.
* * *
Toast to a free gold market
with great GATA-label wine
Wine carrying the label of the Gold Anti-Trust Action Committee, cases of which were awarded to three lucky donors in GATA’s recent fundraising campaign, are now available for purchase by the case from Fay J Winery LLC in Texarkana, Texas. Each case has 12 bottles and the cost is $240, which includes shipping via Federal Express.
Here’s what the bottles look like:
Buyers can compose their case by choosing as many as four varietals from the list here:
GATA will receive a commission on each case of GATA-label wine sold. So if you like wine and buy it anyway, why not buy it in a way that supports our work to achieve free and transparent markets in the monetary metals?
To order a case of GATA-label wine, please e-mail Fay J Winery at: firstname.lastname@example.org
* * *
Support GATA by purchasing
Stuart Englert’s “Rigged”
“Rigged” is a concise explanation of government’s currency market rigging policy and extensively credits GATA’s work exposing it. Ten percent of sales proceeds are contributed to GATA. Buy a copy for $14.99 through Amazon —
— or for an additional $3 and a penny buy an autographed copy from Englert himself by contacting him at email@example.com.
* * *
Help keep GATA going:
GATA is a civil rights and educational organization based in the United States and tax-exempt under the U.S. Internal Revenue Code. Its e-mail dispatches are free, and you can subscribe at:
To contribute to GATA, please visit:
- CRISIS IN SRI LANKA, No Gas, No Food, Country is Bankrupt, Politicians Being Beat, Murdered, Gov Buildings on Fire, Over 3000 killed in last 24 hours
- New York Post: Front Page: “Joe’s Train Wreck”
- A large fire is spreading from a pallet yard behind the US Foods distribution center in Phoenix, Arizona
- Madison Cawthorn Kicked Out of Congress for Blowing the Whistle on GOP Orgies and Calling Out Zelensky
- From 1958, 2003/06 – CDC Vaccine Adverse Events, Smallpox – Holy Hell
- 5th Circuit Court finds SEC operates unconstitutionally
- A “Smallpox-Like Virus” Has Now Spread To Spain, Portugal And The United States
- Is the next Great Muppet Reaping at hand?
- UTTER CARNAGE: The Stock Market Is Coming Apart Like A 20 Dollar Suit As Fear Sweeps Through Wall Street
- The Only Thing Clear Over the Last Two Years is that Covid-19 Never Existed?