The cryptocurrency market is seeing angry shades of red this week.
On Tuesday, the 20 largest cryptocurrencies by market cap all fell by 4% to 10%, with ether, token of the smart contracts platform Ethereum, taking the biggest hit, down to about $250, its lowest price of 2018. Ether was above $1,200 in January.
By Wednesday morning, coins were rallying slightly. But volume remained low, a possible sign that coins have still not seen the worst of this correction.
The losses have some crypto believers in serious emotional distress. On Tuesday, one of the top posts on the popular bitcoin forum of Reddit was information for suicide prevention hotlines.
This has happened before: In January, Reddit users shared the same kind of posts after bitcoin plummeted from its December 2017 high of above $19,000 down to the $13,000 range, on its way to under $10,000.
The overall coin market has lost more than $600 billion in value in the last 8 months.
- China Just Made A Move That Could Literally Provoke A Major War With The United States
- Canada: Housing prices are collapsing and jobless increases. 1/6 homeowners in Canada own 4 or more properties.
- Bill Gates Developing Vaccine That Spreads ‘Like a Virus’ To Vaccinate People Without Consent
- It is a totalitarian system: The FBI is raiding Mar-a-Lago and trying to criminalize opposition to the regime. NEVER in the history of the United States has the FBI ever carried out such a raid.
- Asian television: ‘More people are dying from the Vaccine than from Covid’…
- Brazilian Police Officer reminds unruly citizen this ain’t America
- How “Big Woke” Destroyed the Film Industry
- Insurance CEO, Todd Callender says the real pandemic is NOW.
- An Attempt To Summarize The Current State Of Our Country In Just 12 Tweets
- Next leg lower will wipe out what’s left of the remaining hopefools