by Mark Angelides
In what may be the latter stages of absolute lunacy, BLM organizer Ashleigh Shackelford, has written an article that boils down to: white folk need to hand over all their land, money and possessions if they want to help…All of it! Her ridiculous rant gets to the heart of why a movement that could have been a force for good is now nothing more than a hate mob with one fist raised and the hand held out.
Writing in the Wear Your Voice website (tagline: “Intersectional Feminist Media”), Shackelford’s pleasantly points out that:
“Nothing you have is yours. Let me be clear: Nothing you have is yours. Also, Let me be see through: Reparations are not donations, because we are not your charity, tax write off, or good deed for the day. You are living off of stolen resources, stolen land, exploited labor, appropriated culture and the murder of our people. Nothing you have is yours.”
And here’s why she is so incredibly wrong.
Even if she had a point that those who were involved in slavery owed everything they had to black folk, how do we actually manage this?
- Not all white folk’s families were in America when slavery was around. As the MSM are fond f promoting: “This is a nation of immigrants” so how far back do we go? If a person with white skin moved to America last year and bought a house and land, should they hand it over? What about 10 years ago, twenty? How do you define who has benefitted from slavery?
- Do we count the white slaves? There were a lot of indentured Irish at the same time as black slavery, and although the legal rights of each were different, they both worked and spilt their blood and broke their backs to “build” the nation. Should they get a half share?
- What about black families that arrived after slavery? For example, let’s say a couple arrive from Europe and settle down in America, do they have rights to reparations? What if they arrived 30 years ago, do their children get money and land?
- How about black slave owners? Do we have to trace black folk’s lineage back a couple of hundred years to make sure that they didn’t own slaves themselves? If they did, do they also have to hand over their land?
While I can appreciate Ms Shackelford’s passion for this; I can’t neither support her conclusions nor her demands. We all need to be working hard to ensure that every American gets equality of opportunity, but she seems to want to drive a wedge between races, and this does not help anyone.
- Over the last week, the mainstream news media claimed that hurricanes are becoming more frequent & intense, but they’re not, as the data clearly show.
- A Timeline Of 12 Historic Events That Have All Happened Within The Past 12 Days
- PayPal goes full 1984 in November…
- Why Are Jews Fleeing Russia?
- Banks are over leveraged by 2 quadrillion… The calm before the storm
- Will The Collapse Of Credit Suisse Be Europe’s “Lehman Brothers Moment”?
- India Banks SHUTDOWN For 20 Days
- Dutch banker Ronald Bernard blows the whistle on world’s satanic elite
- IF YOU HAVEN’T LEFT NYC AND OTHER HOT SPOTS, CONSIDER IT…
- JD Vance is a Fraud