LOS ANGELES — Love it or hate it, about half of all Americans are gearing up for Black Friday deals, and they’re planning on spending some serious cash, according to an October 2018 survey.
More than half of the 2,000 adults who took part in the poll, which was commissioned by online discount shop Slickdeals, say they plan to fight the crowds at brick-and-mortar stores for a chance to spend an average of $520 on Black Friday.
So with deals to be found seemingly everywhere, what tops shoppers’ lists this year? Clothing is the number one item consumers aim to snag, with 53 percent hoping to purchase wearable items at a great deal. Next up are electronics, with 47 percent looking for good prices on laptops or computers and 37 percent eyeing TV deals. Jewelry and children’s toys tie, with 26 percent of shoppers seeking bargains on bling or playthings for the kids.
“With 80% of Americans saying they have shopped during Black Friday, it’s clear that consumers still view it as an opportune time to shop,” says Slickdeals CEO Joshua Meyers in a statement.
Lest we make incorrect assumptions about these hardcore shoppers, a third of participants said they will be shopping for others rather than themselves. And they are willing to go to as many as three different stores if it will deliver the desired item at the desired price.
Some have argued that Black Friday has arguably ruined the familial sanctity of Thanksgiving with stores opting to open their doors at night, but the poll found that most would desert their dinner for the right deal. Although it requires a lot of self-discipline to pass up that extra slice of pumpkin pie, the average American said they’d hit the stores for an item that is 44 percent off retail price.
- The tables are turning: Twitter is cleaning the house… Banning dangerous Leftists
- BIDEN MEDIA IS LYING TO YOU – No one is spending a dime, inflation at all time high, China dumping dollar, black Friday bust!
- The Dollar is Dying in Ways Most People Don’t Understand and I’ll Explain Why
- Why is Klaus Schwab Sucking up to China?
- China may have ‘passed the point of no return’ as Covid infections soar. Government has changed all protestors Covid QR codes to RED. Effectively locking them down.
- Why Are Large Groups Of Animals, Insects And Birds Suddenly Walking In Circles All Over The Globe?
- Supreme Court Case to Remove Biden On Docket. Finally Justice? Or is America Dead?
- The theme of 2023 will be deflation, as frugality is already coming back into style with a vengeance for the middle class. Meanwhile, investor FOMO is about to explode with extreme dislocation
- Americans Don’t Want to Join the Military Anymore
- New Visa Card Features Personal Carbon Emissions Tracker, M.O.B. Begins