Amid the fast-paced congressional talks over President Joe Biden’s budget-busting “Build Back Better Act” (BBBA), the legislation’s massive expansion of federal Medicaid funding for in-home care has thus far received little scrutiny.
Unfortunately, the legislation is cynically engineered to steer potentially billions of Medicaid dollars to labor unions, forcing hundreds of thousands of home care aides into supporting far-left political advocacy and saddling taxpayers with wasteful programs.
Medicaid has long paid for eligible adults with functional disabilities to receive long-term care. Recent decades have seen a shift towards providing such services in the client’s home, a model which minimizes costs and maximizes the client’s independence compared to institutionalized settings.
Beginning in the 1990s, home care aides serving Medicaid clients became the target of union organizing campaigns. Hundreds of thousands of Medicaid-paid caregivers in at least eight states are now unionized, generating about $150 million in dues for unions like SEIU and AFSCME in 2017 alone.
The House on Friday passed Biden’s whopping $1.75 trillion Build Back Better plan, despite the Congressional Budget Office estimating it will add to the nation’s deficit.
The social spending and climate change bill passed in a 220 to 213 vote.
As previously reported by Human Events News, the vote comes after Kevin McCarthy’s record-long speech that began Thursday and lasted until the early hours of Friday morning.
“You’re going to break America,” McCarthy said, per Just the News.
On Thursday, the Congressional Budget Office estimated that the bill will add $367 billion to the national deficit.
But still, Democrats surrounded Speaker Nancy Pelosi in the chamber celebrating the announcement of its passing.
- Do You Accept a 35% Higher Chance of Dying Today? Well Then I Have Life-or- Death News For You.
- THAILAND DECLARES DEATH CON 3 ON PFIZER
- On The Brink Of WW3 (Updates)
- ‘Climate change is accelerating’: Mount Washington as cold as Mars (Coldest wind chill ever recorded)
- Don’t Be Stupid – The U.S. Economy Actually LOST 2.5 Million Jobs Last Month
- Ukraine is About to Get Shafted
- Global Leaders Dump The Dollar – Why Now?
- The balloon is most likely a hoax intended to divert attention away from the Project Veritas Pfizer BUST.
- SOMETHING HUGE IS COMING
- U.S. Senator Mike Lee Threatens Japan’s Prime Minister, Gives February 28, 2023 Deadline