By Robert Carbery
Over the weekend, godless liberals and anarchist Antifa members showed up in San Francisco to counter protest a contingent of America-lovers mourning the death of Kate Steinle at the hands of a five-time deported illegal alien. As California has recently become a sanctuary state, it is imperative to go over exactly what the Trump administration is proposing in terms of immigration. There is nothing radical. There is nothing racist. There is only actual enforcement of existing law and the doing away of anti-American acts perpetrated by the previous administration via executive order.
President Trump released in early October his immigration policy principles, including an end to chain migration and an E-Verify requirement to end the hiring of illegal immigrant workers. Trump’s administration is prepared to work with Congress, which has done absolutely nothing to stem or address the flow of illegal immigration over recent decades, to achieve needed objectives to ensure a sane and secure immigration policy. These objectives aim to “defend the safety and security of our country” and “protect American workers and taxpayers.”
How controversial, right?
NumbersUSA President Roy Beck released a statement to the media earlier this year:
“Based on our earlier internal surveys, the Trump Administration’s release of immigration policy priorities is certain to reassure and even thrill most of the 8 million members of the NumbersUSA online network who expect that policy to put American workers and communities first. That was the promise that Pres. Trump made in his campaign, and it is exciting to see the promise re-stated in so much detail.
Most politicians who have been commenting lately on immigration policy have failed to show the compassion and support that the Trump Administration is offering the women and men of America who want a decent shot at a decent job without having to compete with millions of new foreign workers being added to compete with them.
We would note that among the Administration’s many important and much-needed changes in policy, two stand out and perhaps would provide more benefit than all the rest combined: (1) ending the chain migration categories giving lifetime work permits for extended family of immigrants, and (2) mandating E-Verify to stop outlaw employers from choosing illegal workers over Americans and legal immigrants already here for construction, manufacturing, hospitality and other occupations.”
The mainstream media have grossly overstated Trump’s immigration stances and policies. The president is painted as a bigoted, xenophobic, overly emotional person who is trying to remove any immigrant within our borders. But, enforcing existing immigration law is far from hateful or out of touch. It is obvious that chain migration should end, as evidenced by the latest terrorist attack in Manhattan. And it will help America to put our workers first before illegal immigrants, cutting down on wages for American workers and cutting into our disastrously declining labor force participation rate.
Jury convinced that illegal alien killed Kate Steinle accidentally. She would still be alive if we had a wall.
— Ann Coulter (@AnnCoulter) December 1, 2017
Here are more points from Trump’s immigration plan. Far from controversial to anyone that has a rational sense of reality…
- Build a southern border wall and close legal loopholes that enable illegal immigration and swell the court backlog.
- Fund and complete construction of the southern border wall.
- Authorize the Department of Homeland Security to raise and collect fees from visa services and border-crossings
- Fund border security and enforcement activities.
- Ensure the safe and expeditious return of Unaccompanied Alien Children (UAC) and family units.
- End abuse of our asylum system by tightening standards, imposing penalties for fraud, and ensuring detention while claims are verified.
- Remove illegal border crossers quickly by hiring an additional 370 Immigration Judges and 1,000 ICE attorneys.
- Discourage illegal re-entry by enhancing penalties and expanding categories of inadmissibility.
- Improve expedited removal.
- Increase northern border security.
- Enforce our immigration laws and return visa overstays.
- Protect innocent people in sanctuary cities.
- Authorize and incentivize States and localities to help enforce Federal immigration laws.
- Strengthen law enforcement by hiring 10,000 more ICE officers and 300 Federal prosecutors.
- End visa overstays by establishing reforms to ensure their swift removal.
- Stop catch-and-release by correcting judicial actions that prevent ICE from keeping dangerous aliens in custody pending removal and expanding the criteria for expedited removal.
- Prevent gang members from receiving immigration benefits.
- Protect U.S. workers by requiring E-Verify and strengthening laws to stop employment discrimination against U.S. workers.
- Improve visa security by expanding State Department’s authority to combat visa fraud, ensuring funding of the Visa Security Program, and expanding it to high-risk posts.
MERIT-BASED IMMIGRATION SYSTEM
- Establish reforms that protect American workers and promote financial success.
- End extended-family chain migration by limiting family-based green cards to include spouses and minor children.
- Establish a points-based system for green cards to protect U.S. workers and taxpayers.
It’s time to install a merit-based immigration system as so many other first world countries, even Canada, already have. It is time to end sanctuary cities and sanctuary states. It is time to protect U.S. workers by expelling and repelling illegal workers from Central America. It is time to end migration.
It is time to BUILD THAT WALL. We have to. We really do. No more denying it.
Follow me @bobbyshantheman