Nova Scotia Liquor Corporation spokesperson Beverley Ware said from Wednesday’s 10 a.m. opening at its 12 cannabis retail locations across Nova Scotia until closing time, they conducted 12,810 transactions totalling just over $660,000. Almost $47,000 of those sales were online.
On Wednesday in Halifax, all four NSLC cannabis retail locations were bustling all day with customers waiting in line right up until closing time to make their first legal pot purchases. On Thursday morning, Ware said they experienced short lineups at only two stores — the Halifax store on Joseph Howe Drive and the store in Sydney River.
TORONTO — Demand for newly legal pot appears to be outstripping supply on the second day of legalization as retailers ran low on some products or were cleaned out completely, manifestations of a shortfall that some provinces warned could last for months.
Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries said Thursday that it is expecting product shortages in both brick-and-mortar and online stores could last “up to at least six months.”
“Every province — not just Manitoba — is receiving substantially less cannabis than originally requested… Retailers in Manitoba will be receiving staggered shipments over the next few weeks (some daily) in an effort to meet their requests,” said a spokeswoman for the Manitoba crown corporation in an email.
A B.C. Liquor Distribution Branch spokeswoman said that “shortages are/were expected to impact all jurisdictions across Canada as some (licensed producers) look to opportunities in overseas markets.”
Four of the largest licensed producers indicated to B.C. earlier this month they would not ship their full product commitment in time for the launch of online sales and the province’s lone store, she added.
“LPs point to a number of factors in reduced product volume and assortment including issues with supply chain, lower than expected crop yields, and insufficient supply of packaging materials,” the spokeswoman said in an email.
- Rumors of A Military Coup in China
- From October 1, German streets will be patrolled by the military to prevent riots
- Economic Collapse Has Arrived In Germany. Will The U.S. Be Close Behind?
- Tranny Stripper Performs for Kids, Kids Hand Out Cash
- College is a scam…
- A Major Country is Imploding…
- Alex Jones Hasn’t Evolved a Bit in 30 Years of Broadcasting
- What Ominous Event Do They Have Planned For September 24th?
- “Get an EV,” they said. “It’ll be fun,” they said. This is at an EV charging station in California
- The World Has Been at War With the Devil That Calls Itself The Red Shield (Rothschild) for Centuries